Hello Fellow Lucid Dreamers

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Hello Fellow Lucid Dreamers

Postby Jmac1982 » 24 Nov 2012 18:10

Wanted to introduce myself and ask a quick questions. My name is Josh and I just signed up here today. I just heard about lucid dreaming about 1 1/2 years ago. The idea blew my mind and I started researching everything I possibly could about it and how to achieve this state. I read the average person takes about a month after they start practicing to lucid dream but it only took me 4 days to achieve my first very intense lucid dream. However when I awoke from the dream I had a "buzz" or "strange feeling" that stuck with me for about 3 hours. The feeling really messed with my anxiety (which iv battled for 12 years now)! So I immediately stopped trying to lucid dream and havnt had one since. Now over a year later Im wanting to start lucid dreaming again but its been over a week and still no lucid dream :( I know its silly to get discouraged so fast knowing I can achieve the state but I am. The only thing I'm doing differently this time is not keeping a dream journal. Could this be whats keeping me back? I havent even really been remembering my dreams until last night when I awoke out of 2 and layed there trying to remember as much as I could about the dream. I just didnt write it down. So I guess what i'm wanting to really know is... do I need to be writing down all the details of my dream because it would take me forever each morning to do this or can I just lay there and visualize my dream remembering as much as possible

Re: Hello Fellow Lucid Dreamers

Postby erichsa » 24 Nov 2012 19:17

Just a quick reply,

yes you should keep a dream book, it will over time be a great help in understanding your dreams. with time you should again get into lucid dreaming. You are at a great site which offers a lot of help at our forums.
Good Luck :)

Re: Hello Fellow Lucid Dreamers

Postby Xyyzzz » 24 Nov 2012 23:09

No matter what, it's always better to have a dream journal. Before going to sleep, I read a random dream of mine, usually something I remembered clearly, and then visualize it. Then, in bed, I try t have a WILD. It helps because I can visualize more vividly after reaching a hypnagogic state.

As for your strange feeling, it probably isn't linked with lucid dreaming. It's been a year since it happened, so it may have been gone overtime.

Return to “For Beginners”