My lucid dream experiences and some unanswered questions

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
BrilliantIdiot

My lucid dream experiences and some unanswered questions

Postby BrilliantIdiot » 25 Nov 2012 00:19

Dear fellow dreamtravellers.

I have some unanswered questions about lucid dreaming. I've been looking for people with similar experiences but I haven't been able to find them, hopefully until now.
I've been having lucid dreams since I was 6 years old, I was tortured by the same nightmare over and over again and at first I was really scared but that feeling later got replaced by frustration and anger. One night i got the same nightmare again and everything went as normal until the most scary part occured and I suddenly realized, hold on this is my dream and I can do whatever I please because this all happens in my own head and i'm the boss over my own dreams. I started battling those creepy wolves like a madman and beated every single one of them. And then I woke up feeling very light and kind of floating like. This is where it all started and ever since i've been having lucid dreams, almost every night and it was somewhat like a playground without boundries which is very typical for a lucid dream. But now i'm 21 years old and my lucid dreams are going to a next level, i've died about 40 times now but and its always a very pleasant experience, I can see myself glowing a bit while i'm half inside my physical body lying on my bed while i'm sitting on the edge of my bed ( I now know I have a mold in my neck, something that I did not know before but I took a photo of it and there is actually one there ). At this point i'm able to walk through walls and visit my neighbours for example, it also possible to just fly above the city where I live, I also meet alot of people who are glowing aswell but they don't say anything or seem to notice me. The first time i had this i was really surprised and the first thing I did was switching on my computer and checked google earth to see if the above view of the city matched the one as in my dream and they did! i've seen places i've never been to with my physical body but only in my dreams, when i look up those places they are exactly the same as in my dreams. This ofcourse got me wondering how this was possible and I still don't know the answer to that so I was hoping you all could help me out on this one.

Also this is not the weirdest thing and it is not my biggest question because this started about 3 years ago and its pretty normal by now, i still am amazed everytime but not as amazed as when i wake up after having experiences i have in the past 3 months. What happend is that I seem to connect with other people while having a lucid dream, and in a real weird way. For example I can ask them questions about things i absolutely don't know about them (them = friends and other important people inb my life) and they give me answers to those questions and when I ask my friends in real-life about the things i heard in my dream they are all amazed how I know all this stuff about them which they never told anyone. I can't get my head around whats happening there and how it is possible that i connect with them and can ask them those questions. Also a intresting detail, they ask me questions aswell, about things i have never thought of before and don't know the answers to ( atleast not on all) and this really stuns me, how is it possible that they ask me questions aswell? Its not ''dream-like'' to be forced to think about things in your dreams, i ussually do whatever I want too and its all in my own control but this... I just can't get my head around. Also the dream from the past few months are very very real, it happens alot that i live 2-3 days in my dreams in 1 actual night, in those dreams I do everything I do in normal live as in, get dressed, shave, have breakfast, and even going to sleep and falling asleep and when i wake up, i'm still dreaming. all those days are very long aswell and it feels like i'm living a second life.

Could you share your thoughts about how you think this is possible? since i haven't been able to find out whats going on and how this is possible i'm really looking forward to your ideas or answers :)

Sincerly
Jochem B, an brilliant idiot

Summerlander

Re: My lucid dream experiences and some unanswered questions

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2012 14:25

BrilliantIdiot wrote:I've been having lucid dreams since I was 6 years old, I was tortured by the same nightmare over and over again

I can relate to this. I was as young as 4 or 5. I also had frequent out-of-bodies and false awakenings that I wouldm describe to my mother as the "dreams that feel real".

BrilliantIdiot wrote:But now i'm 21 years old and my lucid dreams are going to a next level, i've died about 40 times now but and its always a very pleasant experience

What do you mean you have died?

BrilliantIdiot wrote:At this point i'm able to walk through walls and visit my neighbours for example, it also possible to just fly above the city where I live, I also meet alot of people who are glowing aswell but they don't say anything or seem to notice me. The first time i had this i was really surprised and the first thing I did was switching on my computer and checked google earth to see if the above view of the city matched the one as in my dream and they did!

I've had coincidental or seemingly coincidental experiences like this. They are bound to happen among other experiences that only show inconsistencies with reality. If these coincidences never happen, then it would actually be weird. We must be careful with confirmation bias too. Sometimes we only see what we want to see. Other times, the stimulus of a new environment can plant a false memory or altered version of the events that were actually experienced whilst lucid dreaming. The lucid dream environment might have only resembled slight the real thing by mere chance in reality.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

BrilliantIdiot

Postby BrilliantIdiot » 25 Nov 2012 17:05

First of all thanks for the reply! :)

What do you mean you have died?

Its not that a event happen which I die from, its just that I see my physical body lying lifeless on my bed without knowing why it died, I am not breathing anymore which is something that normally happens with me when im having a ''normal'' out of body experience but now its just lying there being dead. While I first noticed that I wasn't really concerned at all somehow, it felt very natural and comfortable. I experience this on 2 different ways, sometimes I am just like a spirit ( the glowing) and at that point i have left my own body but the spirit body is identical to my own but it only glows and moves through objectes. The other one is my favourite but doesn't occur as much as the first one, usually it happens after a long time of meditation and then going to sleep. At this point i get an out of body experience but at first all i see is my body and thats it, everything else is black and i slowly move away from my body (or the body away from me) until i can no longer see my body, (this took me a long time to surrender myself to this because this was pretty frightening at first and woke me up). At this point there is nothing reconizable, i dont even have a body nor a spirit, just pitch black and it feels like everything blends in with me or I blend in with everything. And all of a sudden i feel kind of all-knowing, super smart perhaps even enlightend which comes with beautifull coulours (like paterns and moving things that I have never seen before and I can;t really describe it either ) and I hear sounds, nothing reckonizable but it sounds like its speaking to me and when the sounds and coulours stop I see a very bright white light which i'm heading to (or heading to me ofc :) ) and then I wake up feeling as light as a feather and still feeling very very smart, this stays for a couple of hours and fade away slowly, the longer I stay in bed the longer it stays but lately ive been trying things, well not really trying because i somehow have a gut feeling i can do it. stupid example, drawing 2 different pictures on 2 notes with a pen in everyhand at the same time while reading something on my computer.. boiling my water for my tea and knowing the exact moment my water is boiled, same goes with making toast in the toaster, i can count from 3 to 1 and its on 1 the toast jumps out. And the list is long... I've been carefull with telling this to people, i told my mom and best friend and they both dont believe me and think I'm becoming mad but it is very real. I hope you guys can share some thoughts about what is going on.

I've had coincidental or seemingly coincidental experiences like this. They are bound to happen among other experiences that only show inconsistencies with reality. If these coincidences never happen, then it would actually be weird. We must be careful with confirmation bias too. Sometimes we only see what we want to see. Other times, the stimulus of a new environment can plant a false memory or altered version of the events that were actually experienced whilst lucid dreaming. The lucid dream environment might have only resembled slight the real thing by mere chance in reality.

I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one! but still I wonder why how it is possible that those places I see in my dream are really exact the same as in my normal life, and this is all on places i have never been to before like other cities but even different countries far far away. Could it be that I am getting my information from lets say an ''shared consiousness? which we share with every living thing on this planet?

Please share your thoughts :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2012 19:16

Its not that a event happen which I die from, its just that I see my physical body lying lifeless on my bed without knowing why it died, I am not breathing anymore which is something that normally happens with me when im having a ''normal'' out of body experience but now its just lying there being dead.

But are you sure it is your physical body lying in bed (bearing in mind that lucid dreams can simulate any situation imaginable)? Another thing to consider, if the bedroom you see in your out-of-body state appears accurate, is that you could have a photographic memory or be prone to lifelike dreams.

Experiments have been conducted on split-brain patients. Not saying that you are split-brained but the interesting thing to note is that their dreaming was found to lack surrealism and to be totalitarian in resembling waking life.

boiling my water for my tea and knowing the exact moment my water is boiled, same goes with making toast in the toaster, i can count from 3 to 1 and its on 1 the toast jumps out.

You could be highly intuitive.

I'm glad to hear i'm not the only one! but still I wonder why how it is possible that those places I see in my dream are really exact the same as in my normal life, and this is all on places i have never been to before like other cities but even different countries far far away. Could it be that I am getting my information from lets say an ''shared consiousness? which we share with every living thing on this planet?

This shared consciousness business is still a bit iffy but you might find the latest findings by professor Michael Persinger to be quite interesting. The hypothesis of minds being entangled sounds more likely than consciousness exiting the physical body and functioning independently. In saying this, coincidences can be hard to rule out.

There is a way to prove to your family and to the rest of the world that what you experience is very real though. These people can set up a scientific experiment/experiments for you, and, if you prove to them that what you say happens really does happen, you could earn a fortune. I would, but, apart from my veridical experiences, I also have a ton of inconsistent ones. Here, read through these rules if you are really determined to have people believe you (who knows, in doing so, you might also get some answers that you did not expect and learn something about your condition):

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge/challenge-application.html
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Paranormal Activity”