THIS DOSN'T MAKE SENSE CONFUSED

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Jenn0607

THIS DOSN'T MAKE SENSE CONFUSED

Postby Jenn0607 » 25 Nov 2012 04:18

Sorry for all caps, but anyway I just found this weird. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, I only found out about lucid dreaming a couple nights ago (Though after that I read like a billion articles about it on the site), but well, basicly I had a dream last night where I woke up in my bed, and I realize now this was a false awakening, but anyway, the dream was that an Iphone was left on my bedside and basicly my dad said it was mine, and I started playing a game on it, but thats not really the point. When I (Falsly woke up?) and was playing the game, the game had to do with words and they were not jumbled, I could read them fine. So really what I'm confused about is: in dreams arn't words suppost to be all jumbled? Isn't that why its a reality check? So I'm wondering: what the heck?! Explanations please.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Finaly what Iv'e been looking for. A place where anythings possable.
<3

erichsa

Re: THIS DOSN'T MAKE SENSE CONFUSED

Postby erichsa » 25 Nov 2012 19:16

Yes you can read and understand what is written in your dreams, not allways, but in a dream expect the an expected :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2012 19:37

It is possible to read in dreams. Often, large text is easier. There is a reality check proposed by Michael Raduga that is almost foolproof. He terms it the "hyper-concentration" method. It involves staring at something in the lucid dream world for 10-20 seconds and from a distance of 4-6 inches from your face. You can use text but just looking at your index finger is sufficient.

Objects in lucid dreams cannot withstand prolonged focus and are likely to distort. It only gets easier with text. While the conscious mind is trying to pin down a logical outcome in the dream world, the subconscious fluctuates in its abstraction (hence what seemed to be readable has suddenly changed to become incomprehensible hieroglyphics or downright gibberish). This abstraction only informs the self that what is experienced is illusory - hence, your reality check has worked without much effort.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Jenn0607

Postby Jenn0607 » 26 Nov 2012 01:58

Thats awesome! Thanks for the replies! Most forums I'm on are kinda mean to me or think I'm stupid, but I'm glad this one's differant. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Finaly what Iv'e been looking for. A place where anythings possable.
<3

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Nov 2012 14:07

Nothing wrong with being inquisitive - in fact, it is a hallmark of intelligence. It is by asking questions that one obtains information after all. You experienced something that confused you and you wanted to see people's perspectives on it. It's only natural that you want to know. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”