Confused

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
malikpain

Confused

Postby malikpain » 26 Nov 2012 03:59

I've been trying to lucid dream for about a month now, and it's just not working for me. I know I have to be more persistent, but there are people who get it within a week, and the fact it's taking me so long is aggravating. I've been writing down my dreams and doing reality checks throughout the day, but it just won't work. So now, I have some questions.
1. I've been noticing in about three of my dreams a boy has looked very different. In one dream, he had red hair and was overweight. In another, he was short and had very bad acne. He was in one other dream of mine, but I don't remember what he looked like. However, in all three dreams, I knew it was him, even though he looked nothing like himself and never stated his name. I tried turning this into a dream sign, but I don't understand how I can MAKE myself do a reality check when I see him in a dream, if I am not lucid yet (because you can't control your actions until you are lucid I suppose?). Could you possibly tell me how to turn him into a dream sign?
2. I've been trying to WILD. I go to bed at around 11:45 and set an alarm for 5:30. Upon waking, I shut off the alarm and stay awake for 5 minutes, or until I feel very awake. When I lay back down in bed, and try to enter the dream state, I fall asleep. How do I stay awake?

Return to “For Beginners”