Darn! So Close!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
worldenterer

Darn! So Close!

Postby worldenterer » 20 Jul 2011 16:08

Last night, I learned that lucid dreaming could be done at will after practice, and decided that it sounded cool and I would try it. I went to sleep telling myself that I would have a lucid dream and thought about the enviornment I wanted it to take place it. Instead of having a lucid dream, I had multiple dreams, none of them being lucid or following the enviornment I had thought up. The most interesting dream I had was the last one. If it wasn't my first try, and I had been more skilled, I probably would have realized I was dreaming :cry: .
In my dream, I had gone to a rented house in New Hampshire. This rented house looked alot like mine from the inside, but there were some changes :? . In any other dream I probably would have realized that my bookcase was alot bigger, and steel supports were not supposed to be on the ceiling, but hey, it's a rented house... Some of my friends were there and they were acting like they do in real life, adding to the realisticness. I heard a noise upstairs, and decided to go check it out. When I got upstairs, I felt weird, because I realized that the house looked alot like mine. I went into the bathroom and found a home invader (in the dream). I was very scared and somehow he became cornered by me in a room. I was stopping him from getting out because I had a stick I was using as a club to keep him at bay. I think i might have woken up because I realized that I was dreaming in this next part. I took out my cellular phone to try to call the police, but the letters on the phone kept changing. I don't remember realizing that I was in the dream until I woke up though.

SO CLOSE. SO FRUSTRATING. Any Advice?
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Re: Darn! So Close!

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 24 Jul 2011 06:40

So, you are new to lucid dreaming?
First thing you want to do, is keep a dream journal, for regular and lucid dreams. So when you wake up, don't get out of your bed, just lie in there, close your eyes, and try to remember your dreams in detail. Once done, write them down in your dream journal, this technique helped me to have a better dream recall of 2 to 3 dreams per night, and it's helpful for lucid dreaming.

The other thing is to do reality checks. Don't need describing, because I guess you already know them.
Keep telling yourself when going to sleep or laying in bed, that your are gonna realize that next time you are dreaming, you are gonna realize that your dreaming. And if you see anything weird in your dream, like that home invader in your dream, you are gonna know that that isn't real life and you are dreaming, thus...triggering lucidity. Hope this helped!
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 30 Jul 2011 22:32

Thanks very much, i am getting closer each night...
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 31 Jul 2011 12:01

worldenterer wrote:Thanks very much, i am getting closer each night...

Your welcome :D
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Return to “For Beginners”