Dose this count as meditation?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jenn0607

Dose this count as meditation?

Postby Jenn0607 » 26 Nov 2012 22:26

Ok so I do everything but meditating lol. So I should start obviously, right? So usaly when I juat lay down, close my eyes and listen to music I like compleatly zone out and only focas on the music. No thought whatsoever. So dose this count? I mean the other way of just listening to nothing is cool, but m brain is fidgety and needs SOMTHING to focas on. So dose listening to music like I discribed a sec ago work? *Hides behind chair and waits to be called an idiot*
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Finaly what Iv'e been looking for. A place where anythings possable.
<3

Xyyzzz

Re: Dose this count as meditation?

Postby Xyyzzz » 27 Nov 2012 01:12

It depends on the type of music you're zoning out to. If it's something like the ocean's waves, then it's pretty helpful during WILDs for me. If you're listening to some catchy pop song then it'll be obviously harder to meditate.

For my meditation practices, I close my eyes and listen to a burning fire or the waves of an ocean. In my head I start making shapes. Something like a triangle is easy to start with. Then I make them harder shapes like abstracts or snowflakes. Then I add colour to them, which is pretty interesting. To add spice to that, I make the colours glow and start rotating those shapes. Before hitting hypnagogia, I usually have really complex things going on in my head which are really hard for me to do. There are 3D abstract shapes rotating in all axis, moving around and changing colours at the same time. Not just one shape, but more. This is extremely hard for me, but, practice makes improvement.

Maybe my techniques for meditation can help you out here.

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 27 Nov 2012 04:18

well you said your brain is fidgety and needs something to focus on, this probably means that it would be a good idea to not have any music playing so you can get better practice for calming your mind. but yes i would still count it as meditation and i don't think what type of music it is as long as it works for you.

Jenn0607

Postby Jenn0607 » 27 Nov 2012 21:08

k thats cool. Thanks. As for the type of music, I don't listen to pop or anything like that as much. Mostly songs from anime. Which can be really slow and since I don't understand the words (It's Japanese) my mind usaly gose to other things or focases on the music itself. I don't know why but regular sounds or silence just dosn't work for me. I usaly try to fill it with somthing.

Here. a slow anime song example just in case ur curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDCEoMIUTFA
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Finaly what Iv'e been looking for. A place where anythings possable.
<3

Shade
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom - Upper East Side, Manhattan, USA

Postby Shade » 28 Nov 2012 04:32

They say that there is no right way to meditate there is only doing or not doing :)

Return to “For Beginners”