issues with WILDs, are these common?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
alexanderpette

issues with WILDs, are these common?

Postby alexanderpette » 29 Nov 2012 03:23

IT seems that every time i try to WILD, i'll get to entering the dream and then i'll see something out of the corner of my eye or i'll just suddenly jerk myself back to reality...I've tried to WILD quite a bit but nothing seems to working. It's also very hard for me to have a lucid dream in general and i was wondering if that had anything to do with my age (i'm just a teen) or the medications i take (anti depressant and Anxiety). Do others have this issue? i've tried quite a few things to help it, but can never quite get it to work. any suggestions?

KylePK

Re: issues with WILDs, are these common?

Postby KylePK » 03 Dec 2012 07:23

WILDs are quite random and unpredictable, so naturally you are gunna have to get used to weird shit happening xD excuse my language haha. Age should play no role, however medications may, especially since they are emotion controlling meditations. I am not sure of specifics on that though. WILDs are incredibly hard. You just gotta read how other people have succeeded, find what you think you like, and then trial and error. Try things that you like and see how you felt about your progress. Don't have faith in the method as much as having faith in yourself. The method is just a tool of reference to guide you, not to guarantee you any measure of success. I suggest meditating daily and even as you go to sleep, meditating for awareness. Just be aware of how your body falls asleep and enters the dream, and be aware of what you think, feel and encounter every day. This helps your subconscious develop an overall awareness which helps in dreams.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Peter

Postby Peter » 03 Dec 2012 08:10

WILDs are quite random and unpredictable

Not at all, I have a better success rate with WILD than anything else and its due to attention to detail and putting in the work to make it happen.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 03 Dec 2012 22:35

Peter wrote:

Not at all, I have a better success rate with WILD than anything else and its due to attention to detail and putting in the work to make it happen.

But they aren't predictable. The ever-evolving dream process could change in an instant. Doesn't matter how much detail you focus on, its unlikely and difficult to keep track of where the dream will evolve to next. My point is that WILDs require a different approach than other induction techniques, for most people anyway.

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 03 Dec 2012 22:38

KylePK wrote:
Peter wrote:

But they aren't predictable. The ever-evolving dream process could change in an instant. Doesn't matter how much detail you focus on, its unlikely and difficult to keep track of where the dream will evolve to next. My point is that WILDs require a different approach than other induction techniques, for most people anyway.

wait, are you guys talking about the success of a WILD or the dream itself?

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 04 Dec 2012 08:30

The process of performing a WILD is what I am referring to. How the dream and HI evolves as you are trying to consciously enter a dream.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”