Lucid dream or not ?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Best_Name_Ever

Lucid dream or not ?

Postby Best_Name_Ever » 22 Nov 2012 22:51

hello.
my name is arthur and i'm 15 years old. I recently signed up for your free e-course, containing ten steps.
i'm currently at the 8th step, and have to tell it's working really good.
I had my first lucid dream last night ; at least, i think i did...
That's what my question is about.
I'll explain:
Yesterday evening i went to bed, and performed the total relaxation technique, letting every single part of my body sink into the bed, and then walking down the ten steps into my subconsciouss and sitting down on the couch.
then, i decided to let my visualisation lead me.
I see a little fluorescent line, changing into a bycicle, and then i am suddenly biking in a field, next to the airport of Rio de Janeiro.
I dont really like this place so i decide to go somewhere else, but its not me who decides where i go, if you see what i mean .
so, i find myself on the parking-roof of a supermarket, when i get attacked by a giant red rock, which turns out to be a giant version of the tortoise of mario...
i run to my car, which is a ferrari, but dont want it, and change it into a mclaren
i pursue the toroise, and after a very cool pusuit, my dream ends...

now my problem is that is saw al this happen, and experienced it in my imagination, but i didn't actually see it ; do you get what i mean?
was this a lucid dream or just my imagination. a sort of day dream?
if it wasn't a lucid dream, what do you think i should do to improve all this to turn it into a lucid dream?
Best_Name_Ever

torakrubik

Re: Lucid dream or not ?

Postby torakrubik » 23 Nov 2012 23:14

For your experience to be described as a dream, there will probably have been some kind of 'pop' into a 3D world. You should have been able to feel textures and see things more vividly than simple mind wanderings.
Dreaming is my drug

Best_Name_Ever

Postby Best_Name_Ever » 24 Nov 2012 14:30

I did feel everything, knew how everything looked, but the problem is I didn't actually SEE it as if it was in real life, as everybody describes lucid dreams to be...
So I should actually just believe in it, and expect it to look real and it will?

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 25 Nov 2012 00:22

Best_Name_Ever wrote:So I should actually just believe in it, and expect it to look real and it will?

Yes, that should work. It sounds like you did have a lucid dream!
Dreaming is my drug

Best_Name_Ever

Postby Best_Name_Ever » 30 Nov 2012 18:18

Cool !!
thank you !

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 01 Dec 2012 01:11

For me I say it again and again. In a lucid dream you take over the dream, and not being in a dream, of which you have no control. But these dreams tell you a lot For me at the begining I missed a lot of trains, cars with no brakes, my flying is improving, flying higher and further, people noticing that I can body fly, looking for thermals, and feeling the wind with my body. For me great clear dreams, but I am being in a dream. A lucid dream is still seldom and for me mainly about flying. Slowly I realize more often that I am dreaming,but don't become allways lucid. Well practice makes perfect.
Have fun :)

LucidLeon

Postby LucidLeon » 01 Dec 2012 11:05

erichsa, I disagree. Lucid dreaming is only about being aware that you're in a dream. You can control your dreams without being lucid, and you can be fully lucid and choose to let the dream lead you instead of controlling the dream.

Anyway, OP, to me it sounds like it wasn't a dream. If you're not actually seeing it, that means you're imagining it, which means it probably wasn't a dream. But it sounds like you're almost there, keep practising! :)

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 01 Dec 2012 12:12

I would like one of our lucid dreamers with lot of experience to comment :)

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 02 Dec 2012 01:11

LucidLeon wrote:erichsa, I disagree. Lucid dreaming is only about being aware that you're in a dream. You can control your dreams without being lucid, and you can be fully lucid and choose to let the dream lead you instead of controlling the dream.

This is correct.
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Dec 2012 02:27

I agree that lucid dreaming has nothing to do with control, but is only about being aware that you are dreaming. We always control our dreams, who else could be controlling them?

At the higest level the lucid dreamer will be aware that they are separate from the dream, make decisions about what they want to do, think about how they feel as a separate entity and experience the dream as a real, physical place having all the characteristics of waking life with all senses functioning normally. They will also awake with waking-life type memories about their experience in the dream world.

How much control they have is another thing.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Off-Topic”