Trouble with WILD. Help?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Trouble with WILD. Help?

Postby LucidLeon » 01 Dec 2012 11:22

Hi there!

So, for some reason I'm having trouble inducing LD's using the WILD method, and I wonder if anyone has any advice. The main problem is that I find it very difficult to let my body fall asleep, but at the same time keeping my mind focused. If my mind is too focused I end up just lying perfectly still but my body doesn't fall asleep, and if I loosen my focus I'll just end up going to sleep normally.

There have been times when I've almost succeeded, and tonight I came closer than I've ever been before. I imagined music playing in my head, and for a few seconds at a time I could actually hear it, and I saw some hypnagogia shape/patterns float by. I tried to feel if I could still feel my physical body, and as soon as the thought crossed my mind I could faintly feel it and the music became just imagination and the hypnagogia disappeared. I fought like this for a few minutes, but for some reason I just couldn't let go of my physical body, and the dream I was beginning to see never "popped" into reality for me.

So my question is, have you mastered the WILD technique? How long did it take you to find the perfect balance between focus and drowsiness? Do you have any advice for me?

Feel free to share your own experiences using the WILD technique here!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”