My first time doing a WILD and the result.

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
LCDAnthony

My first time doing a WILD and the result.

Postby LCDAnthony » 01 Dec 2012 22:58

Well last night I was listening to guided Mediation music before sleep and I believe I was doing the WILD technique.
I sat there until I felt like my body was separated completely. It was a funny feeling it was kind of a numbing feeling, almost like I was floating! I didn't see any of the hypnogogic patterns but I heard sounds through the headphones. I heard thuds, voices, some knocking on door sounds. But I forgot to visualize my dreamscape!
I was so fascinated by all these effects I dozed off!! Darn!!!! I used to be scared of the idea of seeing and hearing things until I did it!

So my question is, am I doing this right? Do I need to see the patterns, because I didn't see a lot really just some, but I did hear things?

Thanks!

lucidinthe sky

Re: My first time doing a WILD and the result.

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Dec 2012 23:50

Sounds like you made some progress. I would recommend turning off the music and removing the headphones before you do WILD so you can tune into all the interesting things which occur during the process. You can have every sensory input occur during WILD. There are almost always visuals that occur early on for me. I know for me, I would be distracted by music, etc. and it would be harder to focus on visualizing the dreamscape. There are also sounds that occur during WILD that you don't want to be drowned out. I've had voices, odd noises, even very loud hi-fidelity music playing during WILD, perfect quality, as well as every other sense. Last night there was some random food items that popped up, then went away. I saw them visually along with partially tasting them, also some 2 dimensional imaging with a 3D pop-up just on one edge of the 2 D image. That looked like a transition from 2D to 3D was occuring. You never know what will come up so you want to be fully immersed in the process, and your full attention focused on it, IMO. It's very interesting and hopefully you will make through to the other side where the dreams are waiting. But even if you lose awareness through the process the key is to make the gap as short as possible and a lot of times you can make it across, remembering that you were falling asleep and still become lucid. Good luck and keep trying.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

jayjaythejetman

Postby jayjaythejetman » 02 Dec 2012 00:59

i tryed a wild in the afternoon since i was tired, and i stayed as still as i could. My body was numb. After that i saw a bright white light. i then oped my eyes thinking my mom came in the room, but nothing was. i then closed my eyes again and my legs twitch but is still numb. i then saw the light again. this time i didnt close my eyes. the light went away and i just layed there. my mom came in my room to tell me it was dinner time so i went down stairs to eat. :? i dont know what i did wrong. this all took 2 hours, and i got no progress. what did i do wrong? help :!:

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Dec 2012 02:08

jayjaythejetman wrote:i tryed a wild in the afternoon since i was tired, and i stayed as still as i could. My body was numb. After that i saw a bright white light. i then oped my eyes thinking my mom came in the room, but nothing was. i then closed my eyes again and my legs twitch but is still numb. i then saw the light again. this time i didnt close my eyes. the light went away and i just layed there. my mom came in my room to tell me it was dinner time so i went down stairs to eat. :? i dont know what i did wrong. this all took 2 hours, and i got no progress. what did i do wrong? help :!:

It's hard for me to tell anyone what they are doing wrong, but I think the key is to do the things that maximize the chances for success. For me, naps are not the best time for WILD attempts. It hasn't worked yet. There is consensus among LDers that the first 5 hours are the least productive for lucid dreaming so would recommend not wasting your energy with little chance of success. Save your effort for the time between 5 and 7 hours. That offers the best potential of both having a dream that's deep enough, but also easier to become lucid during. So do your WILD attempts after 5 hours. I tell myself to wake up then which works for me, but if that doesn't work for you, use other means such as an alrm clock. A lot of people report success using a combination of WILD and WBTB which are easy to use together. But it really boils down to practice, effort and a lot of patience. Of course the payoff exceeds any effort you could put in.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

jayjaythejetman

Postby jayjaythejetman » 02 Dec 2012 04:06

when i woke up 5 hours after sleeping i tryed to WILD but i fell asleep. any tips?

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 02 Dec 2012 21:59

Thanks for the tip! I was listening to this person telling me what to do in the video while I was going to sleep it was awesome.

Tonight I won't try the music, I'll just do a normal process. I kind of like the WILD so far, it's a very fun experience that's for sure!

jayjaythejetman

Postby jayjaythejetman » 03 Dec 2012 04:11

when relaxing your jaw, should it be opened or closed?

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”