Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dreamwalker45

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby dreamwalker45 » 04 Nov 2012 19:51

the WILD technique is really for experienced dreamers, it's not easy at all and can be slightly confusing. Best way to start as a beginner is probably through constant reality checks, dream diary, and thinking about lucid dreaming. My site has a few advanced tips if anyone's interested.
If real is what feel smell taste and see, then real is nothing more than electrical signals interpreted by your brain..
http://inducingluciddreams.weebly.com

cassidy1432

Postby cassidy1432 » 10 Nov 2012 19:58

Last night I had a bunch of moments in my dreams where I knew I was dreaming. Then I would try to control the dream and I would lose control. I tried doing something as simple as pushing my right hand pointer finger through my left hand. I couldn't get myself to do it! But sometimes I would look at my hand and fingers would be missing. I had about 5 different dreams in which I realized I was dreaming and I would try to fly or ask my subconscious a question and nothing would happen. I did the MILD technique before I went to sleep which helped a lot.

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 12 Nov 2012 18:47

I have exactly the same problem. Sometimes i know that i'm dreaming but i just cant control it. Sometimes i'm lucid but...idk... i just do nothing and follow along the dream. I have noticed that after a full Ld, i have spalshes of short, hard to control, but vivid Lds, but helpless to do anything, even with reality checks. I've noticed many Beginner Lucid Dreamers have this problem, like me. Could it also be due to my ADD or my young age? :shock:

artavis durden

Postby artavis durden » 25 Nov 2012 01:47

Is the Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream technique good and successful?

Sander

Postby Sander » 25 Nov 2012 22:57

my first LD was induced that way i think. i woke up, saw hypnagogia, concentrated on it and poof, i was shot out of my body and found myself in my garden, realizing i'm dreaming and trying out different stuff, like flying, running at high speeds and supersonic flight :) pretty awesome stuff.. it was in juli though, long time since i had any lucidity :( i admit that i'm not putting in that much effort anymore, though. I really should be doing more, but i can't seem to motivate myself because of the low succes ration :(

i need to step up my game!
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

mordsith

Postby mordsith » 28 Nov 2012 12:27

Hello. I have a problem when it comes to Lucid Dreaming. I started making the reality checks; everyday I look at my hand, and concentrate at some words I'm looking at. I had a Lucid Dream once, like, four years ago. I realised I was dreaming and said "wow, I am dreaming, so I can do whatever I want to!" then I wanted a car; I blinked and it appeared just in front of me. After that, I forgot I was dreaming and got into "automatic" again. A few days ago, I had a dream I was driving. I looked at my hand and saw six fingers. I thought "I have to be dreaming". Then I shoke my head and said "no, I am driving, I can't be dreaming". So my problem is: I think I am too realistic to mantain this idea I am dreaming. I never believe I'm having a lucid dream. Is there anything I can do to make myself actually believe I am dreaming? I'd appreciate a reply. Thank you very much.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 02 Dec 2012 00:06

Hi Mordsith you should not be using visuals as reality tests, instead use questions like "how did I get here?". These will help trigger your real memories in a dream and get always tell you you're dreaming.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Emerald Dreamer

Postby Emerald Dreamer » 03 Dec 2012 16:10

Hi all,

First of all, I am new to this forum and recently found this website. It's good to meet you all.

I've had my first lucid dream earlier this year and it was spontaneous. What jerked me awake in a dream when more than 20 people in the room was looking at me and I was naked. I looked down and said, "Oh, dear, this gotta be a dream." Then, I realized it was a dream. You know what I did after realizing that? I jumped out the window and flew! Of course, it lasted for a few seconds but it was fun. That was my only lucid dream of my life, and it never happened again.

I pretty much can recall my dreams every night and been journalling about them, using the techniques/analysis from Robert A. Johnson's Inner Work: Using Dreams and Active Imagination for Personal Growth. I find myself pretty good with dream interpretations and can be useful to interpreting others' dreams as a "possible thought."

I'm reading through this thread and found a few helpful tips that I'd like to try. Thank you all for your insightful posts.

:)
"Be careful what you wear to bed at night, you never know who you'll meet in your dreams." - Anonymous

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 03 Dec 2012 17:11

Do you have a link for that book/article/whatever it is?

Emerald Dreamer

Postby Emerald Dreamer » 03 Dec 2012 17:14

Sterre Duiker wrote:Do you have a link for that book/article/whatever it is?

Sure, you can get the book at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Inner-Work-Dreams-Imagination-Personal/dp/0062504312
"Be careful what you wear to bed at night, you never know who you'll meet in your dreams." - Anonymous

Return to “For Beginners”