Dreams of Aiports

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
dreamerinmiami

Dreams of Aiports

Postby dreamerinmiami » 11 Oct 2012 22:35

so i have had reoccurring dreams of being at airports. in everyone one of those dreams i seem to never make it to my destination. i either cant get to the plane, i left my luggage at home, the plane's wing catches on fire or just anything that can possibly delay me. ive read that maybe it may mean i started something but never finished.. i connect this with college which i started with great grades but just stopped going. maybe this is the case but idk. any ideas?
What is your definition of reality?

henri

Re: Dreams of Aiports

Postby henri » 29 Nov 2012 03:46

I've been having these types of dreams recently. Anyone offer some advice here?
Lucid dreamer

Emerald Dreamer

Re: Dreams of Aiports

Postby Emerald Dreamer » 03 Dec 2012 16:53

Usually, a dream starts with a "place" that our subconscious mind wanted us to first be aware of. It sort of giving us a context, I think, breaking down to the basics.

As for being at an airport, I first contributed it to as a beginning of a journey since, to my mind, I am going on a journey to somewhere or returning from somewhere. Also, if one changing flights, then one would be changing "direction" on their path in life, so to speak.

dreamerinmiami wrote:so i have had reoccurring dreams of being at airports. in everyone one of those dreams i seem to never make it to my destination. i either cant get to the plane, i left my luggage at home, the plane's wing catches on fire or just anything that can possibly delay me. ive read that maybe it may mean i started something but never finished.. i connect this with college which i started with great grades but just stopped going. maybe this is the case but idk. any ideas?

I think you got a good start (connecting it with your college life). Never having to make it to your destination does mean that you're facing obstacles that are preventing you from going forward. As for losing luggage, I had that a long time ago and contributed it to as a loss of sense of identity. And, a plane catching on fire is also related to obstacles.

All of the above does seem to be related to your college life that you just stopped going. But, it could also be related to something else that is going on in your life. That's up to you.

Hope that helps.
"Be careful what you wear to bed at night, you never know who you'll meet in your dreams." - Anonymous

Return to “Dream Interpretation”