I'm scared that I will never lucid dream again

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid Dreamer

Re: I'm scared that I will never lucid dream again

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 04 Dec 2012 20:12

thanks guys. i guess it is hard as it always has been cause i normally get less than 7 hours of sleep. my commitment level has gone down. i need to find my motivation again. thank you.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Dec 2012 20:38

Lucid Dreamer wrote:thanks guys. i guess it is hard as it always has been cause i normally get less than 7 hours of sleep. my commitment level has gone down. i need to find my motivation again. thank you.

I just went through an almost 3 month dry spell due to lack of commitment and effort. It really always comes down to that, the requirement hasn't changed for me so far. Lucid dreaming is not a natural thing for most of us.

Finally got tired of not having any lucid dreams, so I significantly increased my effort and commitment and have had 2 in the past week. It was really just sheer determination and will power.

So don't worry, every night is a new opportunity, a new adventure.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 08 Dec 2012 17:12

hello! i had a lucid dream last night. I think it really related to me not being able to lucid dream in a while. so heres how it went. i had a false awakening and scrambled to write down my dream. as i reached for the paper, it blew out of reach, then the wind carried it up into the dark, stormy sky. then someone woke me up. in part two of my lucid dream, it was so blurry! i could feel the lucidity ending at any moment. i desperately tried to stabilize the dream. But for some reason my conscious mind did tell me that i was doing the wrong things. for example, i was looking at tree bark and trying to fly. also, if i could fly, i could only fly up to a certain height. like two or three arm flaps. I was desperately trying anything to stabilize, the dream, yet i was not doing the right things!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Dec 2012 00:41

ANY lucid dream is helpful no matter what.
I have a theory that lucid dreaming makes you lucid dream even more. It's like the brain gets use to the idea. Or another analogy is 'muscle memory' when it comes to athletes. It somehow rewires the axons and synapses and we are able to do it again easier than the first time and more readily each time we do it after.

Just a theory of mine, but if you take notice of others on this site, it seems some people lucid dream all the time, and others only rarely... BUT NO MATTER WHAT, ALL WILL GET BETTER AND MORE FAMILIAR WITH IT IN THE FUTURE.

All it takes is at least one lucid dream.... and patience. I use to lucid dream once a year or so, but never felt discouraged because I never compared myself to others and at the time, actually thought I was special.... after coming here I realized I WAS WRONG! :( But at least I know I am not crazy and I have people to talk to about it too... :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”