What do Lucid Dreams feel like you YOU?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LCDAnthony

What do Lucid Dreams feel like you YOU?

Postby LCDAnthony » 04 Dec 2012 23:34

I know there is a Topic on the website about how it feels to Lucid Dream, but I wonder... Does it change for different people? If that's the case, what do Lucid Dreams feel like you you.

Does it feel as if it is real life? Is it more clear than real life?
It was just a random thought to ask.

lucidinthe sky

Re: What do Lucid Dreams feel like you YOU?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Dec 2012 00:01

Most of my lucid dreams feel exactly like real waking life, so much so that I spend much of the lucid dreams checking everything out to see how real it is. Thinking to myself how I can't believe its even happening, wondering what my body is doing in bed. Before I had my first I tried to imagine it. It's one thing to imagine it, but another to experience it. If you experience it the way I do, it's truly unbelievable, no other way to describe it.

I am always blown away by the experience, especially touching things and picking up objects, thinking "how can I be even doing this?" Walking aorund inside a dream world and feeling the ground under your feet. Another great thing is the sudden snap into a 3 dimensional hi-def world, it's like you suddenly go from this semi-conscious or unconscious state into a state of existence in a new world that appears out of nowhere. I especially love the rush of excitement and surprise when I do a reality check and find out that it's a dream. It's a very special feeling and I almost never expect to be dreaming whenever I do a reality check. I wish everyone could experience it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 05 Dec 2012 01:05

Thank you for the post! I can almost imagine it now... but like you said, it's one thing to imagine in but another to experience it. I really like to hear from people with experience, I just can't wait for that one dream where I realize I'm dreaming. That snap from unconscious to real life feeling.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 05 Dec 2012 23:03

I agree with lucidinthesky, the unbelievable detail and realism of the dreamscape completely humbles me. I Spend my first lucid moments just picking things up and focusing on things, thinking "How are my surroundings this realistic? Am i in another dimension?".
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Dec 2012 18:10

torakrubik wrote:I agree with lucidinthesky, the unbelievable detail and realism of the dreamscape completely humbles me. I Spend my first lucid moments just picking things up and focusing on things, thinking "How are my surroundings this realistic? Am i in another dimension?".

I had a dream last night and did a reality check by looking at my hand and counting the fingers. At first everything looked completely normal so I decided that I was awake, besides that everything was so real in the dream I was absolutely sure it wasn't a dream. Looked again at my hand and now there is 6 fingers! So the first thing I think is "I knew this would eventually happen, the wrong number of fingers and still awake! It's a hallucination. What are people going to think when I write about this on the forum?" So I missed an opportunity to become lucid because the dream was so real.

I've been wondering a lot if the realism level in dreams has anything to do age and hence experience. How old are you?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 Dec 2012 22:38

They can vary each time I experience it. Just last night I went to sleep at 2 a.m. and was very tired and couldn't help my self from nodding off. Next thing I knew, I remember being in a dimly lit place (no background, just black) and I was talking to my brother, we were both in 'living room type chairs' for lack of a better word. Not stools or dining room chairs but Lazy-Boys if you will. Anyway, I had just been awake a moment ago so it didn't take much for me to realize I was dreaming. I told him that it was a dream and I was so amazed that it ended and I woke up. It was very unvivid, as though I was watching a movie and not quite there. (next time, I'll keep my cool and stay lucid... that is the plan. I am not use to being lucid during the first dream of the night, but it has been happening more and more.....)

But when dreams are more vivid during the early hours, REM state, they can be very real. (and easier to stay in them because you are fully asleep). I am still amazed that I can touch something sharp in a lucid dream and feel the pain. However, the lighting is never the same as waking life. I don't always realize that until after I wake up, but no matter how real a lucid dream can FEEL it still looks like a dream. (to me). It is still a dream and is much like any vivid dream I recall only this time I am aware and lucid. But feeling like you have a body and touching things really makes it different than any other non-lucid dream.

So they come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and run the full gamut from dim and vague to feeling like you are in an alternate reality. But I have never had one that looked as real as true waking reality. (And I think that is a good thing because otherwise I may go mad and never know when I am awake or not!)

So how does it feel? Although the vividness can vary, the sheer fact that you know you are dreaming is what makes it a lucid dream. And KNOWING is a great feeling. I feel extremely confident, and in control. (even if somethings occur that I didn't want to happen, I still know there are no true consequences and there will be an end). Whatever the 'external' feelings are, on the inside I feel very liberated!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 06 Dec 2012 23:03

lucidinthe sky wrote:I've been wondering a lot if the realism level in dreams has anything to do age and hence experience. How old are you?

I'm 17 but I'll be 18 in less than a month.
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 07 Dec 2012 01:34

Thanks for the info. I'm 55.

I think there are a lot of factors that determine how realistic a dream is, but almost all of mine, even the non-lucid ones are very real which makes it even harder to become lucid. For some reason, I still trust my judgement to know the difference even though it's been proven wrong so many times.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 07 Dec 2012 16:43

Wow... My dreams seem way real (Not Lucid). When I right them down I always note how real they are. There is barely any room for weirdness in my dreams? Occasionally I'll have that "What in the..." dream but.. I just need to raise my awareness. I just am so excited to have that first dream. This forum and the main website have been big help to me.

lanshan75

Postby lanshan75 » 10 Dec 2012 07:05

I am totally agree with what you said,but my English is poor, sometiomes I don't know how to express my feeling,I just want to make some friends who can help me in my English and share the happiness with each other.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”