another WILD help question

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
29actvdwnloads

another WILD help question

Postby 29actvdwnloads » 06 Dec 2012 04:33

Okay, so I’ve had a recurring problem when trying to use the Wake Induced Lucid Dream (WILD) technique. When I try to sleep, I lay in bed with minimal distraction. I try to enter sleep paralysis and it works just fine after only a few minutes. After a while of being mostly numb, however, I start to focus on my breathing. No matter how hard I try, I always go back to focusing on breathing, and since my nose and chest are already numb from sleep paralysis, it feels like I’m not breathing, even though I am. This causes me to mildly hyperventilate, and ultimately destroy the sleep paralysis long before it can produce any sort of lucid imagery.

Out of all the faqs and forums I’ve read, no one else seems to have this problem, so does someone with experience think they can help?

KylePK

Re: another WILD help question

Postby KylePK » 06 Dec 2012 06:32

Yeah I have an issue not far off from this. Honestly, the only way I have found to combat it, is to forget about it. It still gets to me frequently, the hyperventilation feeling, but if you could manage to just forget about your breathing, your body is capable of auto-piloting the lungs. I know this isn't very helpful, but this is the kind of issue that doesn't really have an obvious solution.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

29actvdwnloads

Postby 29actvdwnloads » 07 Dec 2012 02:33

Yeah, I kinda figured that this wouldn't have an easy answer. Whenever I get my mind off of it, I realize I'm not relaxed at all, and my back is super-tensed because I've been trying to stop myself from focusing on breathing (if that makes sense), so that's making it even harder.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 07 Dec 2012 08:21

Yeah. I kind of just quit caring. I just try to watch myself go to sleep and everything occurs naturally, instead of me being like "I will try to WILD and lucid dream!" I just go to sleep and observe myself going through what I naturally would any other night.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”