How close i was

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lightjuka

How close i was

Postby Lightjuka » 08 Dec 2012 11:38

I had a dream where i took a bus, and there was some misters and mistress, in suits or gowns, brother with my mother which in the dream was Marge Simpson (I fell asleep watching them). Then the bus was going downstairs... I felt all my body trembling as if i was in a bike, wait, i was in a bike and i looked back and there the bus was! My father said the bike connects to the bus (Dreams are weird huh?) and i said: Am i dreaming? I was but it was so vivid, so real, i though i was not, i tried to make an energy ball (One of the many things i would love to do) but i failed. Some girls were playing and one hit the face on the ground, i helped her and i heard, WAKE UP! It was my mother, waking me up in real life, i had to cut my hair... I use the MILD technique and in that day i used the WBTB which really sounds to work, i never had a LD so here it is my question, how close i was to becoming lucid?
Somewhere where everything is possible? Yes it exists, where is it? Inside each of us

danmc

Re: How close i was

Postby danmc » 08 Dec 2012 16:14

I would say you were ... at least semi-lucid. I think its best when becoming aware you are dreaming to avoid getting caught up in the story (like making energy balls and such). Instead, get yourself fully lucid. It's very easy to say to yourself, "am I dreaming", and be in this sort of hazy state of mind, and then turn back to the story without really seeing that through clearly. And having Simpsons dream must be awesome!

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 08 Dec 2012 20:20

Lightjuka wrote:I had a dream where i took a bus, and there was some misters and mistress, in suits or gowns, brother with my mother which in the dream was Marge Simpson (I fell asleep watching them). Then the bus was going downstairs... I felt all my body trembling as if i was in a bike, wait, i was in a bike and i looked back and there the bus was! My father said the bike connects to the bus (Dreams are weird huh?) and i said: Am i dreaming? I was but it was so vivid, so real, i though i was not, i tried to make an energy ball (One of the many things i would love to do) but i failed. Some girls were playing and one hit the face on the ground, i helped her and i heard, WAKE UP! It was my mother, waking me up in real life, i had to cut my hair... I use the MILD technique and in that day i used the WBTB which really sounds to work, i never had a LD so here it is my question, how close i was to becoming lucid?

You ALMOST had the awareness.

You mention asking yourself "Am I dreaming?"... great first step, you ALMOST had it. If you had gone from questioning yourself to ANSWERING yourself... "Am I dreaming? ... I AM DREAMING!", then yes, I would have said you were projecting. Until that point you still had what I call a "dream awareness".

Once you get to that "I AM DREAMING!" point, you'd have at the very least a lucid awareness... but you also said that everything was so vivid and real. You were so on the verge...

The vivid and realness that people mention in relation to projections is that you're becoming consciously aware. It's like the opposite of when you feel super tired or even really drunk while physical... this physical reality feels dreamy at that point. The opposite is true for the non-physical. :)

Keep up the good work.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Lightjuka

Postby Lightjuka » 17 Dec 2012 14:05

Aww yeah! Sounds like i am on the path to do it! Thanks for awnsering my question :D
Somewhere where everything is possible? Yes it exists, where is it? Inside each of us

friendoftheapes

Postby friendoftheapes » 25 Dec 2012 00:09

Sounds like you're getting pretty close! I would say in the future to try a simpler reality check than making the energy ball, like pushing your hand through something. Also, I've found that looking at something in particular (palms of your hands, the bus in your dream, etc.) and studying it for a second can help bring things into focus more.

Return to “For Beginners”