My modest intro..

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ManhattanDream

My modest intro..

Postby ManhattanDream » 08 Dec 2012 21:14

Hello, Lucid Dreamers!
I joined on the condition of anonymity. Here is my story and I appreciate anyone who can help:
My first crush did not work out and there were regrettable things that happened. I still cannot forgive myself for what I put that person through. We are now 'friends' but I'm not sure ** really considers me a friend. I don't have the ability to forgive anyone because I cannot forgive myself. Unless ** confirms our friendship, I'll never be able to move on. I have become totally focused on this goal and it has started taking over my dreams. I'm terrified to sleep (the dreams are unbearable), I have little or no appetite, I'm starting to completely lose focus, and I am in a perpetually bad mood (which my friends are resenting me for). I believe the only way to make the dreams stop is to be able to control them by lucid dreaming, but nothing is working for me. I don't know what to do.
Embrace!
Miserable dreamer,
xM

Chaosescape

Re: My modest intro..

Postby Chaosescape » 09 Dec 2012 16:22

I know this doesnt really help/answer your problem, but Lucid dreaming in my opinion shouldnt be used to try and run away from your own feelings and problems. If your using it in that sense then its no different from an alcoholic who gets wasted so he doesnt have to face reality. Just talk to this other person and accept what he or she says. Trying to hide out in your dreams isnt going to fix reality. Even if its hard it would be better then continuing to be afraid and making yourself sick over it. Like I said though this is my opinion. You have to accept and live with the choices you make. Best of luck.
~Only those who have dared to let go... can dare to reenter~
-Meister Eckhart

ManhattanDream

Re: My modest intro..

Postby ManhattanDream » 10 Dec 2012 04:50

Re: Chaosescape
I appreciate your reply. Before I reply, your response sparked a question within me, if we are not to use lucid dreaming to escape reality, then what for?
I'm not evading fault, but I'm not to blame for this situation. I never hurt this person directly, however, when we were in school, I had a friend put anon notes in C's locker against my wishes. It was decided I was at fault and the situation went from there. We are becoming friends, and I will have to point blank ask, but it's the reply that I'm terrified of. I cannot bear being banished from C's life again. However, I will lose my sanity if the dreams don't stop, which is why I'm trying to control my dreams by learning to lucid dream.
I really appreciate your input. Thank you for taking an interest.
xM

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”