Just started and i have some questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lightjuka

Just started and i have some questions

Postby Lightjuka » 04 Dec 2012 13:24

Hello! I'm 13 and i just started trying to LD and i gotta say i am really excited to do it! Only 2 nights that i am trying though but some questions flow in my head, i hope they can get awnsered, i am using (Or at least trying to use) the MILD method since i've heard it is easier to begin with.

1: When i get to bed usually i sleep in 5-10 mins, i do a RC before sleeping (The "Nose Plug") and then, i try to think in my mantras as the last thing before sleeping, but my mind always drift away from it, i start remembering things from my day, and i end not focusing in the mantras, is there any way to fix it? I could also notice i had a hard time in getting to sleep, like 30-45 mins, and i wake up in the middle of the night often.

2: Since i have started, i had no dreams, (I mean, at least i can't remember them) what is really discouraging, since i have nothing to recall, am i doing anything wrong or just coincidence? I have heard of people that have around 3 - 5 dreams in a single night... How can i remember more? I usually just remember scattered pieces that wont fit at all

3: Is it possible to have Lucid Nightmares as well? That possibility really scares me...

4: Is my over-excitement something that does not helps at all?

5: I spend my whole day in the computer, does that interfere with something?

That is it! I really want the awnsers for those, so if you know them please post them here! I am checking this post every 30 mins, as i said i am really new in the LD attempts but i wont give up easily! If they get awnsered i will surely be happy!
Good bye! Stay Lucid! -Lightjuka-
Somewhere where everything is possible? Yes it exists, where is it? Inside each of us

Dream_Wolf

Re: Just started and i have some questions

Postby Dream_Wolf » 05 Dec 2012 03:02

Lightjuka wrote:Hello! I'm 13 and i just started trying to LD and i gotta say i am really excited to do it! Only 2 nights that i am trying though but some questions flow in my head, i hope they can get awnsered, i am using (Or at least trying to use) the MILD method since i've heard it is easier to begin with.

1: When i get to bed usually i sleep in 5-10 mins, i do a RC before sleeping (The "Nose Plug") and then, i try to think in my mantras as the last thing before sleeping, but my mind always drift away from it, i start remembering things from my day, and i end not focusing in the mantras, is there any way to fix it? I could also notice i had a hard time in getting to sleep, like 30-45 mins, and i wake up in the middle of the night often.

2: Since i have started, i had no dreams, (I mean, at least i can't remember them) what is really discouraging, since i have nothing to recall, am i doing anything wrong or just coincidence? I have heard of people that have around 3 - 5 dreams in a single night... How can i remember more? I usually just remember scattered pieces that wont fit at all

3: Is it possible to have Lucid Nightmares as well? That possibility really scares me...

4: Is my over-excitement something that does not helps at all?

5: I spend my whole day in the computer, does that interfere with something?

That is it! I really want the awnsers for those, so if you know them please post them here! I am checking this post every 30 mins, as i said i am really new in the LD attempts but i wont give up easily! If they get awnsered i will surely be happy!
Good bye! Stay Lucid! -Lightjuka-

1. when you are drifting away from you mantras, it means your falling asleep. i found out that sometimes you souldnt try too hard or it will be impossible.
2.Dont worry! it always happens to some people. to remember more, wake up naturally, ly on your back and let the memories drift to you. if it doesnt work, try asking yourself questions. even 1 fragment is a good sign!
3.yes actually. it happens but if it does, face them. you can do a bit more research with that but best way is to face them.
4.over excitment is really good but calming down before you sleep will help.
5.yes actually. try to do your best to stay off electronices (visual ones)
btw im about to be 13 too!!! lol i guess im not the only one whos interested in LDing! also ive started only 2 months ago and had luck with it! if you need more help, just ask, and happy lucid dreaming!

Lightjuka

Postby Lightjuka » 05 Dec 2012 10:50

Thank you very much! Btw i had 2 dreams in my third night, one was shorter but still, i know i will do it!
Good bye! Stay lucid! -Lightjuka-
Somewhere where everything is possible? Yes it exists, where is it? Inside each of us

friendoftheapes

Postby friendoftheapes » 06 Dec 2012 03:42

i've been trying to have lucid dreams for a few months now, mostly to no avail, until recently. in the past week i have tried the wake back to bed (WBTB) technique twice, and both times resulted in at least one lucid dream. so if you havent tried WBTB, give it a shot!

Lightjuka

Postby Lightjuka » 07 Dec 2012 09:44

WBTB? Never tried it, gotta try and see what happens, sounds interesting. Thank you!

littlebowties

Postby littlebowties » 12 Dec 2012 00:29

I'm so glad you posted all those questions! This will be my second night when I go to bed, and all your questions were the exact ones I had as well! I'm 14, and just found out about this recently. I am so fascinated by all of it, and happy to know that I'm not the only one my age who thinks so. And also, I go to school online, so I am literally on the computer all day, 5 and sometimes 6 days a week. How much of a problem will this really be?
"When you're a kid, they tell you it's all, grow up. Get a job. Get married. Get a house. Have a kid, and that's it. But the truth is, the world is so much stranger than that. It's so much darker, so much madder. And so much better. "~Doctor Who

Lightjuka

Postby Lightjuka » 15 Dec 2012 12:05

littlebowties wrote:I'm so glad you posted all those questions! This will be my second night when I go to bed, and all your questions were the exact ones I had as well! I'm 14, and just found out about this recently. I am so fascinated by all of it, and happy to know that I'm not the only one my age who thinks so. And also, I go to school online, so I am literally on the computer all day, 5 and sometimes 6 days a week. How much of a problem will this really be?

Well i dont know much about that, but since most of my disturbing memories (Disturbing because they drift my mind) are related to games, and mostly their sounds and musics. Also i am trying the WBTB and it is almost working, i had a very vivid dream, which is a nice start! Give it a try!

Return to “For Beginners”