LD: DC crowd faded into darkness but their voices continued

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

LD: DC crowd faded into darkness but their voices continued

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Dec 2012 05:32

Had a great LD in a night very vivid dreams. Remembered almost every detail of all them.

Walking on a dirt road, open landscape with a few trees. Checked my hands: 2 1/2 fingers. Turned around and saw one DC in one direction and a large crowd at an intersection ahead. I headed for the crowd and they waited for me. On the way I was so excited and amazed at the realistic scenery, everything is in such detail, colors. Wow! So cool. Reached up and grabbed some low hanging tree branches running my hand through a spider web which felt exactly like the real thing, freaked me out a little having it all wrapped around my hand so I wiped it off and kept going to the crowd. Introduced myself and told them they were all in my dream. They laughed and shook their heads saying things like "no way", "you're crazy", etc. Then we all turned at the intersection and walked together. Everything slowly started going dark, but all the conversations continued at the same volume and clarity until everything was gone.

It's very interesting because often during HI I start with darkness and the sounds come first, then visuals last. This was the reverse, visuals go first then the sound.

I've been putting lot's of effort in this last week and had 3 LDs in a week. The effort really pays off so I recommend it to everyone.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Re: LD: DC crowd faded into darkness but their voices contin

Postby Summerlander » 12 Dec 2012 22:46

Yes, I've had that on a number of occasions. The dream scenery fades to black but the sounds still exist and fade last. It is curious. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Dec 2012 23:34

It seems like the strong visuals come last and leave first. This has also been noted by LaBerge in his research. I believe he claims the tactile sense is the most stable and longest lasting and that's why rubbing your hands, spinning etc. can make the dream last. I haven't had more than momentary success with that. It seems like they are either stable or they are not.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Dec 2012 13:54

You nailed it on stability. My experience tells me that focus on sensory amplification in any action carried out in lucid dream space will help with intensity and prolongation. So it will make a considerable difference if you rub your hands whilst trying to feel the tactile sensation, warmth, hearing the sound of rubbing and visually making out minute details like pores, hairs, fingerprints, cuticles etc.

I find that rubbing hands for at least ten seconds, blowing on them and really focusing on all the possible sensations with passion is far more effective than say rubbing hands for only two seconds and for the sake of appearances. Oneironauts ought to do things like they really want to if they want to remain in the dream world for a good amount of time.

I love blowing on hands in dark dream space btw. I can often magically paint a dream reality all around me with a peculiar stream of hot air from my mouth.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Dec 2012 03:14

I agree with all responses. It has something to do with a lack of focus on the dream environment for whatever reason and there are many ways to retain it and they don't always work all the time and not for everybody. I often have DCs disappear as I am talking to them, but can still carry on the conversation anyway. You can remain perfectly lucid and yet lose that 3D virtual environment at times. And I think even the most experienced lucid dreamer would have this happen to them from time to time.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Dec 2012 03:12

HAGART wrote:You can remain perfectly lucid and yet lose that 3D virtual environment at times. And I think even the most experienced lucid dreamer would have this happen to them from time to time.

So far, every time I get to that point I just give up and wake myself up. Next time I'm going to try to get through that (hopefully remember what you are saying).

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”