First Lucid Dream?!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jacob

First Lucid Dream?!

Postby Jacob » 12 Dec 2012 04:37

Hello everyone, I'm 15 and I started my journey towards lucid dreaming over a month ago, and last night I think I had my first lucid dream! This web site has been a big help so far, and I just wanted to share my experience on this awesome forum.

So, I went to bed last night listening to isochronic tones instead of binaural beats, which I had tried multiple times before, but the headphones always fell out in the middle of the night. Anyway, I fell asleep.

The dream that I had that night was really vivid, which kinda sucked since part of my dream involved watching some of my family get MURDERED! That was weird, so I won't go into details. After all that happened, I found myself in a HUGE room of a restaurant, sitting at one of those bar counters with the tall chairs and all, which was in the corner of said giant room. I was just sitting there when, and I don't know how this happend, I suddenly realized I was dreaming! I got all excited and did a parkour roll on the floor ( I've gotten into parkour recently), and I could feel it on my back! I walked down some stairs to another room of the restaurant, and I saw a guy behind a counter with a big sword (almost like Sephiroth's sword). After a while I began to hear my brother's snoring leaking into my dream, and I woke up.

Now, after I woke up I began to have doubts. Like, could I actually control what I was doing after I became "lucid"? And if I really did have control over myself, why did'nt I just observe my surroundings like a sensible person or declare "clarity now!"? But then I reminded myself of that feeling, that CONSCIOUS
feeling that I knew I was dreaming. That is why I truly believe that I had a lucid dream.

So, can anyone back me up, so to speak? Have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
-Eames

lucidinthe sky

Re: First Lucid Dream?!

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Dec 2012 05:50

Jacob wrote:Now, after I woke up I began to have doubts. Like, could I actually control what I was doing after I became "lucid"? And if I really did have control over myself, why did'nt I just observe my surroundings like a sensible person or declare "clarity now!"? But then I reminded myself of that feeling, that CONSCIOUS
feeling that I knew I was dreaming. That is why I truly believe that I had a lucid dream.

So, can anyone back me up, so to speak? Have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Sounds like a lucid dream to me, remember lucidity and control are two separate things. Lucidity means you become conscious/aware that you are dreaming. The fact that you remember that conscious feeling as separate from the dream is a good indication because one of qualities of a lucid dream is that the memories are different. And there's that special feeling after you wake up that you were awake in the dream too. You distinctly remember those conscious thoughts, realizations, decisions, etc. just the same way you remember waking life.

Controlling the dream is not required to be lucid. There's a lot of confusion about this, many people think controlling the dream is having a lucid dream and it is not. The fact is that you control every dream already so it's not the same as being lucid.

For me, I just love exploring the completely real world of my lucid dreams and I'm satisfied just to control my own actions like waking life. When I wish for lucid dreams, I wish first for them to be 100% waking-life real, and second for some control. But if I have to choose, I'd take the real life part over control anytime.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jacob

Postby Jacob » 12 Dec 2012 22:10

Sweet! Thanks for the feedback! Of course, I'll still do reality checks every day and whatnot. Hopefully the next time I have a lucid dream I can understand what it's like a little bit more.

Thanks again!
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
-Eames

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 15 Dec 2012 20:54

Awesome dude! Can't wait to experience one for myself! I've been training for one for about a month and I'm also 15. Good luck, keep it up! :D

Return to “For Beginners”