Dream Journal?

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
Blue-Eyes

Dream Journal?

Postby Blue-Eyes » 12 Dec 2012 22:55

As a young teenager i have some petty rude dreams and the idea of writing them down for a family member to find scares me. I have really good dream recall and i can remember up to five days back of my dreams, do i really need a dream journal?
Many thanks.

Peter

Re: Dream Journal?

Postby Peter » 13 Dec 2012 01:03

use some words that mean something to you, had a good conversation, talked to a DC, ate with a DC.

These will be associated with whatever took place in the dream, totally private but give recall to the dream.

I agree that a lot of dream content is personal and does not need to be shared
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Dec 2012 02:52

I once used the words, "yadda, yadda, yadda....." (if you know that Seinfeld episode) to skip over some sexually explicit material. I didn't want others to read that part. But I realized my journal is for my eyes only and nobody else reads it and now I just go ahead and write everything even if I am ashamed of it.

I think it is important to be honest with yourself and your dreams because you aren't fooling anybody. Certainly not yourself! And some of the weird shameful things we experience in dreams and don't want others to know about are significant and worth remembering. (Actually why are they shameful at all? Makes me think about myself and what my values are.... and we should all consider that same question ourselves....)

ANYWAY, be as rude and graphic as the dream itself. Use your own coded words if you have to and keep your journal in a safe place.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dreamgate

Postby dreamgate » 28 Dec 2012 12:19

When I was a teenager, my boyfriend (now ex) read my dream diary and got immensely jealous of what he read, I ended up destroying the diary, and not keeping one, as I couldn't trust him not to read it. I really wish I had it now, as I have ones from later on and looking back over them can be insightful. In my case I should have gotten rid of the boyfriend not the diary :) ! I'm not suggesting that you get rid of your family though!!! Just that if you feel you should keep one, then go ahead. I like the suggestions by Haggart and Peter. I definitely feel that what goes into a dream diary is personal, and no-one has a right to break that trust and read it.

danmc

Postby danmc » 28 Dec 2012 14:56

I now do everything on the computer. I have terrible handwriting and I am really slow. I use Evernote, because it's free and because it allows for tagging and named notebooks. Tagging dreams is great since you can pull up all dreams that contain a specific character, a specific symbol, or whatever. Your account at Evernote requires a login so that will solve your privacy problem, but you can also set it up to "remember me" if logins annoy you.

The best part is that it's all in the cloud so you can access your notebooks from any device anytime, anywhere, search, sort, etc. For me it's the way to go. You could, for example, keep your phone, laptop, or tablet by your bed, if you have one, and leave the app open. When you awaken you can just start writing.

R99

Postby R99 » 01 Feb 2013 09:07

if u have terrible handwriting like me, no one i mean no one can read it. bad handwriting is good wen it comes to personal matters. :lol:
I see the Truth now.

Peter

Postby Peter » 01 Feb 2013 09:39

LOL- i used to work with another culture in one job and would write in constant string justlikethisanditisalmostimpossabletogetifthisisnotyourfirstlanguage and with a few spelling mistakes it was great
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 20 Mar 2013 05:48

R99 wrote:if u have terrible handwriting like me, no one i mean no one can read it. bad handwriting is good wen it comes to personal matters. :lol:

This is good answer,

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 20 Mar 2013 06:48

:lol: All replies are really funny. :lol:
Do a reality check

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 02 Apr 2013 05:38

Blue-Eyes wrote:As a young teenager i have some petty rude dreams and the idea of writing them down for a family member to find scares me. I have really good dream recall and i can remember up to five days back of my dreams, do i really need a dream journal?
Many thanks.

You are teenager and trying lucid dreaming and good at it.
www.meryem.com

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”