My friend had the same dream I did!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jacob

My friend had the same dream I did!

Postby Jacob » 14 Dec 2012 06:54

Okay, so I just now remembered this weird experience about 3 years ago. One day I had this dream that I was in a snowy place with my friend and a bunch of other people. There were these weird snake things in holes in the ground that tried to eat me and my friends. At one point in the dream, my friend got eaten, and the dream continued on. I ended up being one of the only survivors. :D

Anyway, the next day I went to school (7th grade), and I remembered my dream, so I told my friend about it in first period. As I was describing this vivid dream, he suddenly stopped me. He looked at me with that WTF look and said, "I had the EXACT SAME DREAM." I was blown away! We talked about it, and I ended up drawing a map of the entire dream.

Now, in the dream, I didn't actually see my friend get eaten, but I assumed he was dead. As it turns out, right as he was about to get eaten, he became lucid, pulled a pistol out of his pocket and shot the thing.
In fact, I first learned about lucid dreaming from my friend!

Because I'm a Christian, I don't really believe in "crossing over into the spirit realm". I do, however, believe in the total AWESOMENESS of the human mind. I mean, who doesn't? So maybe me and my friend's minds really did connect somehow! Or he has been pulling my leg for the past 3 years. If he has been, it's the greatest prank anyone has ever pulled on me. :shock:

What do you guys think? Have anyone else had a similar experience? I'm really curious!

By the way seriously liking this forum, and the web site in general. Props to you, Rebecca!
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
-Eames

LCDAnthony

Re: My friend had the same dream I did!

Postby LCDAnthony » 14 Dec 2012 16:17

That's amazing! That is mind blowing actually. I've never heard of something like that (Or something like that being real not TV show) happening in real life.

I have a question, did he actually recognize the map that you drew? If so that'd be even more mind blowing.
And one more question, Why don't you believe in crossing over to the spirit realm? I wouldn't consider that 'spirit' in anyway, unless you're talking about astral projections, which is a whole different topic. I'm Christian, but I don't go to church. I say I'm Christian because I believe all that you know. But I never read a lot of the bible. I would consider Lucid Dreaming sub-conscious awareness. Because that's what it really is! My Mom is Christian but she thing that Lucid Dreaming can be connected to the devil in someway or that it might lead into bad things. But I don't listen to her because I know it's good, and natural.

I'd say try lucid dreaming! It's nothing spiritual in anyway unless you include your religion in the dreams. I'm trying to Lucid Dream right now! I think it's been awesome learning this new skill so far.

Jacob

Re: My friend had the same dream I did!

Postby Jacob » 14 Dec 2012 22:35

LCDAnthony wrote:That's amazing! That is mind blowing actually. I've never heard of something like that (Or something like that being real not TV show) happening in real life.

I have a question, did he actually recognize the map that you drew? If so that'd be even more mind blowing.
And one more question, Why don't you believe in crossing over to the spirit realm? I wouldn't consider that 'spirit' in anyway, unless you're talking about astral projections, which is a whole different topic. I'm Christian, but I don't go to church. I say I'm Christian because I believe all that you know. But I never read a lot of the bible. I would consider Lucid Dreaming sub-conscious awareness. Because that's what it really is! My Mom is Christian but she thing that Lucid Dreaming can be connected to the devil in someway or that it might lead into bad things. But I don't listen to her because I know it's good, and natural.

I'd say try lucid dreaming! It's nothing spiritual in anyway unless you include your religion in the dreams. I'm trying to Lucid Dream right now! I think it's been awesome learning this new skill so far.

Ya know, I bet he was/is actually faking it. Don't know how I could fall for that.

If he was telling the truth, I doubt he recognized the map because he did I went to different places in the dream.

Now, when I said I didn't believe in "crossing over into the spirit realm", I wasn't talking about Heaven or Hell or even angels, which I do believe are real. I meant something more like leaving the physical body and entering a spiritual body and traversing across a spiritual "layer" of the world. Basically, as you said, astral projection,

By the way, you should totally find a good church somewhere near you. It's really nice to be get to know other believers and spend time with them. Also, I agree with you that lucid dreaming is completely natural and should be nothing to be ashamed of.After all, God made the human mind! Sure, the devil can use a lot of things to his advantage, but we can also use a lot of things to bring glory to God.

Also, I actually have been trying to lucid dream for over a month now, and I got just a little taste of it a few days ago! I even made a topic on this forum about it!

So anyway, thanks for the response! Good luck with the lucid dreaming!

God bless!
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
-Eames

Return to “For Beginners”