I wish I could just reconize dreams... seriously.. >.>

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LCDAnthony

I wish I could just reconize dreams... seriously.. >.>

Postby LCDAnthony » 14 Dec 2012 03:14

So I had this way weird/awesome vivid dream last night. First I learned how to fly, probably the most awesome feeling I've felt in a dream. Then in the dream I learned how to bend the elements (From avatar the last airbender...) First Air, then Water. Then suddenly I had to fight Alduin from Elder Scrolls. Then I followed Ulfric Stormcloak into a portal that lead to a pokémon world type thing. A guard from suddenly found us so we charged him and chased him into the mountains. But I turned back and before I stepped back into this portal I looked over and saw a bunch of pokémon and I just sat there and thought about that.. BUT I DIDN'T DO A REALITY CHECK.. grr haha. So I went through the portal and learned how to do fire bending.

Do you guys have any advice on recognizing dreams? I've been doing everything I can think of.

torakrubik

Re: I wish I could just reconize dreams... seriously.. >.>

Postby torakrubik » 15 Dec 2012 02:00

The fact that you even stopped to think is a good sign. Don't worry about not recognizing strange dreams; even the most experienced lucid dreamers don't recognize every strange dream to be a dream.
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Dec 2012 03:55

Recognizing that you are dreaming is very hard and I've missed so many obvious situations.

Last week was one of the best. I did a reality check in a dream and counted 6 fingers. Rather than realize it was a dream, I thought, "I knew this happen sooner or later, awake and I count 6 fingers! I wonder what people on the forum will think of that. Doing these reality checks is making me start to hallucinate!" I was just so sure I could tell because everything is just too real in the dream, it's really amazing. I am almost always shocked when the reality check shows it's a dream. In fact I really love the feeling when the reality of the dream finally sets in.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 15 Dec 2012 04:49

Thank you guys.. It was a really weird dream. In fact the most unnatural/fiction dream I've ever had or even remembered! I woke up really happy and I also thought.. WOW! And I didn't recognize that one? Jeez. Haha
I'm going to be doing the WBTB this for this weekend again and I looked up more on what I have to do to get the best of results.

And Lucidinthe Sky, that's weird! It's funny that you even said to yourself that you were hallucinating and that you were gonna tell everyone on the forum XD That's awesome.. Truly crazy.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Dec 2012 08:52

I have been lucid dreaming often lately. Often enough that it actually surprises me when I am NOT lucid. I will always get weird dreams that are too bizarre to be real, but I always seem to rationalize it somehow just like lucidinthe sky:
lucidinthe sky wrote:"I knew this happen sooner or later, awake and I count 6 fingers! I wonder what people on the forum will think of that. Doing these reality checks is making me start to hallucinate!"

I have also been known to produce false memories the help rationalize a situation. "Of course that's the way it is, because THIS and THAT happened before!"
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”