The Girl

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
emeraldyeslter

The Girl

Postby emeraldyeslter » 17 Nov 2012 21:58

I don't know whether I have SP because this has only happened to me a couple of times. Every time, however, it scares the heck out of me. I wanted to share this because I've read lots of other people's forums about stuff like this and I need help to get rid of it. So here's what happened. This is the excerpt out of my dream journal:
"I jerk awake but something doesn't feel real. I sit up, glancing around when a sudden burst of cold air gusts over me. My skin prickles and my heart begins to race. Suddenly I become aware of a presence. A presence other than my own, and a presence that reeks of evil. That is when I see her. The girl. Standing quietly at the end of my bed, looking to be about the age of eight or nine. Long brown hair frames her moonlike face. Her eyes are dark in the shadows of the room. She is wearing a long, white dress fringed with laces. One white hand rests silently on the bedpost. She is staring at me with empty dark eyes. A slow smile spreads across her young face. I can't move. I just can't. Everything is cold. My heart hammers in my chest and I wish I could fall asleep. I know she isn't real but somehow that's what frightens me the most. I squeeze my eyes shut against every screaming sense inside of me. When I open them again, she is gone. Thank you, God . . . Thank you . . ."
I've been scared ever since. I don't know what I'll see next. An old woman sitting inches from my face, clutching a long silver knife? The dreaded Shadow Man, whom I somehow associate in my mind with Slender Man? I'm scared. What can I do? Help. Please.

torakrubik

Re: The Girl

Postby torakrubik » 17 Nov 2012 23:37

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me. Then only effective thing you can do is too realise that you are in control of what you see. Turn the girl into something positive.
Dreaming is my drug

emeraldyeslter

Re: The Girl

Postby emeraldyeslter » 16 Dec 2012 21:35

How can I do that?

Return to “Sleep Disorders”