Problems with WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LunaDreamer

Problems with WILD

Postby LunaDreamer » 17 Dec 2012 22:47

I have 3 main problems/questions and I need advice.

1. This is a Question. I was wondering how long does it take for the WILD technique to be sucessful?

2. When I do this technique when I sleep. I get my body all relaxed and I breathing in and out without any thoughts. And then I hear all these noice of people talking from the TV! And my dads Snoring System and All these sound from my living room! I can't consintrate! I try to ignore it but the talking blasts my mind with thoughts.

3: Since WILD need you to be concious as your body sleeps. I get my body to sleep but I only got one small flash pattern (Until all the sound came back) So this causes me to only get about 3-4 hours of sleep. Because I always open my eyes again and restart. And restart and restart. And I tell myself to just sleep today and try again tommorow.

Help? :)

LCDAnthony

Re: Problems with WILD

Postby LCDAnthony » 17 Dec 2012 23:34

My problem is I can't stay concentrated then I end up falling asleep... :?

lucidinthe sky

Re: Problems with WILD

Postby lucidinthe sky » 17 Dec 2012 23:50

To be succesful with WILD, I would recommend waking yourself up somehow after approximately 5 hours of sleep and use the WBTB method along with WILD. You are unlikely to be successful in the first 5 hours: the sleep is too deep and the REM cycles shorter. Don't waste your time there. Concentrate the effort where you are most likely to succeed.

Even if I can't maintain awareness all the way through with WILD, I often remember to check if I am dreaming and go into a DILD especially if the gap of awarenss loss is short.

As far as blocking out the noise, I sleep with those spongy earplugs in. They don't block everything, but help a lot and are very inexpensive.

Keep at it and for most people, including myself expect 3-6 months of focused effort unless you get lucky.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”