Checking out the dreamscape

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TheDoctor

Checking out the dreamscape

Postby TheDoctor » 16 Dec 2012 04:03

I am at a crowded university campus, just walking around looking at stuff, noting how real the images look. I enter a building with my son, E. I check out some analog clocks and am a little surprised that they keep changing the time when I turn my head. Everything else in the dream seems so normal. I corner some dream figures and tell them that I want to remember my lucid intention. "Wild? Mild?"

I wake up in bed in WPR. I remember that I wanted to ask some dream figures about Shalom Bayit (this is the Hebrew term for a peaceful household.) I go to the bathroom. I say good morning to my wife who is seated in the living room. No one else is up. It's 6:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Time for some extra sleep, if it will come.

I'm back in the dream. This time I remember my intention. I ask some figures about Shalom Bayit but I can't get anything intelligible. They are serving food, and I decide to try some. I have an apple and note with interest how real it tastes. There is macaroni and cheese, too. I bend down to get some, and someone pours hot water down my back. Wow! I can really feel the heat! What if it gets hotter? What will that feel like? I get up, and there is a monkey on my back. I ignore it and it goes away. At some point I look in a mirror, but it's all fogged over. I realize that the dream is going on for some time, but I decide not to wake up, because I don't feel like I've experienced anything that I'm really worried about forgetting. At one point I'm in a smaller room with 2 or 3 figures that are sort of cartoony. I enquire of one of them who he is. I mention something about "thought forms."

At one point the dream begins to fade and I make an effort to extend it by looking at my hands. Finally, knowing it's about to end, I decide that I'd like to go outside and see something interesting. I open up one of the doors in the large hall I'm in. Instead of the other university buildings, there is an outlook over a valley. One person is sliding down the side. I decide to jump and fly, but even though I am hovering over the tiny trees below, I see someone walking beside my, emphasizing the fact that it is a miniature landscape. The flying is real, but the landscape is clearly a simulation.

Back to WPR for the day.

Summerlander

Re: Checking out the dreamscape

Postby Summerlander » 18 Dec 2012 12:14

Don't worry about not remembering the lucid dream while you're in it. Simply maintain your consciousness and focus on your dream sensations while you have fun. You will find that the impact of intense and rich lucid dreams makes them more memorable.

It also helps to have an interesting plan of action. By the way, maybe one of the keys to your idea of Shalom Bayit is macoroni and cheese...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”