Reality checks

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
torakrubik

Reality checks

Postby torakrubik » 26 Jul 2011 23:17

I have lucid dreams almost weekly now, but when i become lucid i always do so because i automatically think to do a reality check. Before i perform the check i automatically question myself whether i am dreaming and that itself makes me lucid. However when i the proceed to perform the reality check (i push my fingers through my other palm, and try to push my hand through a wall), it doesn't work. I am certain i am dreaming but my hand keeps meeting resistance. Once i got my fingertips through my palm but that was it. I keep telling myself that it is possible, but my conscious brain seems to override this. Anyone else get this, or got any tips on how to overcome it? It's not a major problem, just a little frustrating.
Dreaming is my drug

rdubya

Re: Reality checks

Postby rdubya » 29 Jul 2011 16:35

keep practicing! try jumping and you will realize gravity is adjusted, this may set your mind in the right mode that this reality is different than the persistent reality, then try going through the wall.

torakrubik

Re: Reality checks

Postby torakrubik » 29 Jul 2011 19:41

That's a good idea, thanks for the advice. I suppose i should try some crazy stuff to fully convince myself :P
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”