Tom Campbell on Projection

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KylePK

Re: Tom Campbell on Projection

Postby KylePK » 20 Dec 2012 04:01

Well believing isn't the term I would use for how I felt about that video. He makes the word belief sound like faith. Believing in something simply because it is convenient, cool, easy or convincing is what he is against. But a lot of what he said in that series made a lot of sense to me. He explained things I have already felt and was never quite certain where they were from. Besides, watching his videos was part of my own pursuit of truth and knowledge. I definitely gauge it with my own experience and knowledge because I know all too well that blind faith (belief) will forever suspend one in darkness. Mostly I liked his take on this reality and others. I try not to be ignorant and believe it just because its so badass, but its hard not to be attracted to something like that lol.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 21 Dec 2012 04:44

KylePK wrote:Well believing isn't the term I would use for how I felt about that video. He makes the word belief sound like faith. Believing in something simply because it is convenient, cool, easy or convincing is what he is against. But a lot of what he said in that series made a lot of sense to me. He explained things I have already felt and was never quite certain where they were from. Besides, watching his videos was part of my own pursuit of truth and knowledge. I definitely gauge it with my own experience and knowledge because I know all too well that blind faith (belief) will forever suspend one in darkness. Mostly I liked his take on this reality and others. I try not to be ignorant and believe it just because its so badass, but its hard not to be attracted to something like that lol.

Faith is a belief *in something*. Faith doesn't require any proof or evidence. Although, if something is then proven, then you can't have faith in it anymore, because it's now a known. Get it? :)

If Tom (or ANYONE, for that matter) says something that you feel makes a lot of sense... then definitely pursue it and try to find your own personal truth within that context. That's the best way to go about any discoveries. All of my personal truths grew from within my own experiences.

As you said, Kyle, gauge it within your own experiences and knowledge. Truthfully, that's really the only thing you can do. I think you've got the right mindset going into this! :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Chaosescape

Postby Chaosescape » 21 Dec 2012 04:54

Hagart is right about this guys speaking lol he is throwing out good stuff but damn he makes me sleepy. Anyways thanks for the link
~Only those who have dared to let go... can dare to reenter~
-Meister Eckhart

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 21 Dec 2012 06:37

I actually didn't have a hard time following. Maybe its the left brain part of me that enjoyed his logical explanations. Also, Ryan, I do believe I am. Its pretty encouraging considering something is potentially willing to nudge me here and there, which I believe due to my past experiences. I have never been an advocate of faith or blind belief, but sometimes a little belief gives you enough of a push to discover that you can then find your own truth.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

jamiegarrero

Postby jamiegarrero » 17 Mar 2015 08:22

KylePK wrote:The whole video parts one and two kind of just blew my mind. Changed the way I think for sure... a lot of that flows well with me.

Yeah agreed same with me...

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”