How long does it take to have lucid dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dtommy79

How long does it take to have lucid dreams

Postby dtommy79 » 28 Apr 2011 21:45

I was wondering how long does it take to get to a level where you have lucid dreams?

Or is it different with every person?

Nickyg

Re: How long does it take to have lucid dreams

Postby Nickyg » 28 Apr 2011 23:32

There isn't really any direct answer to that, it can take a long long time or it can happen the same night afer you've been thinking about it all day...... I find for me it comes down to what I dream about...... something will happen in a dream that will trigger me to realise that it's a dream and then that's it, seconds later I'm flying over roof tops! It's just recognising that trigger point and then remembering to remember I'm dreaming if you get my meaning, it's not easy but it will just happen one night and it really is a big wow when it does! Usually the trigger points occur once every couple of weeks, sometimes twice....I'm lucky since I remember my dreams every night so the more I remember the more trigger points I can come up with since many of my dreams are reoccuring. Keep doing all the techniques Rebecca mentions and you will have one soon dude.

dtommy79

Postby dtommy79 » 28 Apr 2011 23:41

Thanks Nicky. I've already started reading Rebecca's articles. Hopefully I'll have some results soon.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 29 Apr 2011 06:07

I read somewhere that it takes, on average, 3 days to 3 weeks to have your first lucid dream. Although I dare say there is still a lot of room for variation..... Practicing for 1 min/day is very different from practicing for 1 hour/day. :D

I wish I could remember how long it took for me to have my first lucid dream but it was so long ago. It was probably in the realm of 2-4 weeks. But I only got snippets of lucidity at first - 10 seconds here, 30 seconds there. Then I learned about prolonging lucid dreams from Stephen LaBerge and instantly my lucid dreams got longer, 20 mins, 30 mins, even a good 40 min LD in the early days that blew my mind. That was the key to lucidity for me - how to stay lucid.

philipsteele

Postby philipsteele » 25 Jun 2011 10:32

it depends on some persons........ 8-)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”