Best flying dream yet!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Best flying dream yet!

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Dec 2012 20:28

Had another flying dream last night and became lucid right before takeoff. Someone wanted to know how much it would cost to build a house on a vacant lot. They made a really low guess so I thought to myself, "I have no idea, but need to get a better view". Just went straight up over everything, rising up above the treetops, hit a tree branch on the way up and it felt completely real. The feeling of your body defying gravity is so awesome. I felt really confident about flying this time and just having the experience already seemed to be a big help with believing it was possible. It was possible to stay up there as long as I wanted, no wavering at all this time. The view was fantastic watching the DCs looking up at me from below and pointing, watching the treetops. After coming back down I was anxious to know what the DCs thought about it, but they were in total denial about me flying, just strange.

Later in another dream, someone introduced himself to me, shook my hand and walked away. His arm stretched as he walked away and kept a grip on my hand. I thought "O.K. that's obviously a dream." checked my hand and it was changing the number of fingers, getting distorted, etc. A DC is next to me and so I explain that this is a dream and just look at my fingers. "Can you see that?" The DC says, "Well, my eyes aren't really that good, I can't see what you are talking about." Then I said, "O.K. fine, you know what? That's just another sign that this is dream, you DCs are always denying everything so I know now for sure that this a dream." Need some DCs that are more interesting. These characters are almost worse than zombies, they just don't get it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LCDAnthony

Re: Best flying dream yet!

Postby LCDAnthony » 16 Dec 2012 20:38

Funny, I had a dream last night I was flying. I wasn't Lucid though, but it was such a weird yet awesome feeling to fly!

The way I had to fly in this dream was to jump real high and glide and flap my arms haha! It was hysterical but very fun! Just that feeling of flying was such an awesome experience. I rarely have flying dreams.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Dec 2012 21:35

I usually don't have flying dreams either, but have had 2 in the last week.

Later, during the dream I lost lucidity and was going on my computer to Google which had something like a "maps" tab where you could enter a location and you would start with a view at ground level like "street view", then be able to move up vertically from there watching the view below change as you went. Then you could fly at any altitude and see the view below. I was trying to remember the location where I had flown from to enter it into the computer, but woke up. :(
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Dec 2012 00:51

If a dream character is uninteresting, lifeless, or too erratic, just find another one - particularly if you are willing to obtain information. It is also important to maintain lucidity so your degree of control is kept intact. Often, I communicate with dream people whilst rubbing my hands. Too much engagement can also be a trap for mindlessness. Get away briefly if you have to in order to gather yourself and as you maintain sensations alive remind yourself that you are dreaming. This will help you to maintain a high level of consciousness while dreaming.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 17 Dec 2012 21:14

Thanks for the interesting comments regarding DCs. I'm hoping to have the presence of mind in the dream that will be needed to use your advice. I seem to be stuck in certain patterns when it comes to dealing with the dream characters and you are right about it being a trap. Often, trying to talk to them is the last thing I do before waking up and it does seem to divert your focus away from maintaining lucidity. What I might try is just listening to them and staying quiet. Just being an observer is actually very enjoyable when you are lucid and the dream world is super-real. I would rather maximize my time there.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Dec 2012 00:56

Observing is enjoyable indeed. Perhaps keep dialogue at a minimum or basic level until you feel confident enough in that you won't lose lucidity if you have a long conversation. Even I fall into the traps sometimes. I guess when you give a DC permission to speak, you are also empowering you subconscious mind to the detriment of your own consciousness. It is the price you have to pay or at least the risk you run. However, talking to DCs while you maintain other sensations alive in your background awareness (such as rubbing hands together) can help you to stabilise the lucid dream and prevent the lucid state from fluctuating. Also, before inducing lucid dreams, remember the more successful ones that you've had previously. Good luck!
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Dec 2012 19:09

Summerlander wrote: Often, I communicate with dream people whilst rubbing my hands. Too much engagement can also be a trap for mindlessness. Get away briefly if you have to in order to gather yourself and as you maintain sensations alive remind yourself that you are dreaming. This will help you to maintain a high level of consciousness while dreaming.

I tried this last night during a long LD which I was able to keep going for quite a while using hand rubbing, expecially while talking to DCs. It worked quite well. I spoke with one DC who walked around with me for most of dream. We spoke at length but can't remember much of the conversation. I resisted as long as possible but eventually just had to talk about dreams, can't help myself :roll: Took it slow this time though, started out just asking him if he remembers dreams and then eventually got into lucid dreams, but kept rubbing my hands whenever things started fading. It's funny because I asked him if he knew what lucid dreams were and he said something like "You shouldn't be talking about that." Can't resist telling DCs that they are in my dream, maybe it's hoping they will help me believe it's a dream because it's really so hard for me to believe it.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Dec 2012 00:55

I think that is a step in the right direction and experience will only help you to hone your skills. Maintaining long conversations with DCs can be a fun challenge! 8-)

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Jan 2013 17:00

Had another flying LD this morning. Doing WILD and the dreamscene appeared. I was watching it and then told myself "O.K. it's ready, go in" Stepped into it and started hiking up a path then got to place where I could see into a valley where there were houses. Then I thought: why walk when you can fly? jumped off the ground and took off. It felt so incredibly good as always. It was very interesting how the 3 dimensions had distortions like the depth of things weren't quite right in some places. Very cool though.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”