WILD: AMAZING to watch the dream form out of nothing

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

WILD: AMAZING to watch the dream form out of nothing

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Dec 2012 17:31

Been trying to WILD for the past week and finally just decided with every once of my will and intention that it was just going to happen this time. That's what it took, and finally! This was one of only a few WILDs where I didn't lose awareness going into the dream. It is such an amazing thing to watch as complete blackness slowly gets lighter and a picture slowly starts to form, brighter and brighter, more detailed, more color, then depth, then reach-out-and-touch-me real!!!. The whole thing took around 5 seconds to completely form and then the thoughts "O.K. you can touch it now, step into it! Yes you can walk around in it now!" Initially I held on to a small solid wood railing when starting to walk, and felt everything as usual, it was just too weird. It was one of the first times I had much success with rubbing my hands to keep it going. Worked 3 or 4 times. A DC handed me a lemon to try and I thought "Oh it's a dream so it probably won't taste like much" WOW. It was the most and intense tasting and sour thing I ever had! One bite was all I could handle. One of the DCs took me around and gave me a tour of the area, he looked like someone I occasionally work with and we were looking for things I had left in a building last time. We had a long conversation while walking around, hard to remember it. He was smoking a cigarette and kept offering it to me. I don't smoke and this dream was so real I figured it would be terrible so I said something like "Not even in your wildest dreams!" After about 5 minutes into it I remember thinking "Is this really a dream?" Of course eventually, I couldn't resist talking about dreams, but at least waited as long as possible. "Do you ever remember your dreams?" He said yes and gave me these 3 categories that made absolutely no sense what they were. Told him I was dreaming this and asked if he knew what lucid dreams were. He looks at me and says "You shouldn't be talking about that with me." That was funny. Woke up soon after. That was definitely one of the longest and best yet!

I want to add something. When the dream started I made a decision right away to pretend that this was normal waking life and not to get excited or do any that I wouldn't do in waking life. This was an effort to make the dream last longer, which worked. But a strange thing happened. The dream was fairly long and it was so much like waking life that after a while I kind of lost track of the fact I was dreaming, just really forgot about it. It was kind of freaky to suddenly come back to that realization.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 24 Dec 2012 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Re: WILD: AMAZING to watch the dream form out of nothing

Postby Summerlander » 22 Dec 2012 00:33

What an interesting account! I like the mystery at the end surrounding the way the dream character responded to your question! Thanks for sharing! 8-)

Any ideas on why that character did not want to answer your question?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Dec 2012 00:58

Summerlander wrote:Any ideas on why that character did not want to answer your question?

I think it comes directly from what I believe: talking to dream characters about dreaming in the specific like "we are dreaming right now" somehow messes up the dream. When I first had lucid dreams, that was the first thing I wanted to talk about with the DCs and it was often the end of the dream. May be just a mental block. But this time I just walked around with this DC and told myself, "Just pretend you are awake. Just observe, explore, be cool. Don't get excited or do anything crazy, and don't talk about dreaming!" It's funny because after about 5 minutes of walking around talking, go into buildings, etc. I remember thinking, "Maybe I am actually awake right now" and seriously wondering. Lately, I've been really trying to get the dreams to last longer so haven't been taking any risks. It's just so fantastic to walk around in a dream world, do things, talk to people, touch things, just experience it. I'm so completely fascinated by how real everything is. I can't imagine ever getting used to that. Don't know if I'll ever get over how amazing it is.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ninga_Unicorn

Postby Ninga_Unicorn » 12 Jan 2013 16:27

Hey! I'm a newbie to this, and I haven't had any lucid dreams yet. And when you guys were talking about DC people, I was like what? So, what is that? I feel so embarrassed right now, because I feel like I should know this.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Jan 2013 17:16

Ninga_Unicorn wrote:Hey! I'm a newbie to this, and I haven't had any lucid dreams yet. And when you guys were talking about DC people, I was like what? So, what is that? I feel so embarrassed right now, because I feel like I should know this.

Don't be embarrassed, we are all learning. DCs are Dream Characters, basically people that show up in your dreams.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”