please help a newbie

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
roeiy123

please help a newbie

Postby roeiy123 » 22 Dec 2012 14:12

I've tried the MILD technique: i go to sleep for 5-6 hours, stay awake for an hour ,but every time i go back to bed i can't fall asleep. I'm 14 and english is my second languege so don't get mad abaut it. THANK YOU :D

Summerlander

Re: please help a newbie

Postby Summerlander » 22 Dec 2012 14:53

Hi and welcome!

Try to lucid dream in the morning after having slept as REM sleep is more abundant around that time. Continue with the MILD method and fall asleep again. Chances are that you will remember your intention and simultaneously or subsequently identify dream signs. LaBerge's MILD is very effective if practised dilligently. It's like getting lucid dreams on demand. LOL! Good luck! :)

By the way, if you like tea, go for green tea during the day (don't drink it before bedtime). Green tea has been scientifically proven to boost memory and can help you with the MILD method in promoting dream consciousness. Just a tip. ;)

Another thing, stay away from strong stimulants and if you have a hard time falling asleep and reduce the sleep inertia period before returning to bed. If you still have trouble, try entering the dream world as you rouse from sleep and become aware of physical immobility. The best way to do this is to immediately get up from the bed without worrying about whether it is a physical or dream movement and try not to strain your muscles as it is supposed to be an intentional and confident motion without having to worry about barriers (this is the dream-physical body separation method). It is also a very effective method.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”