WILD Help

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Nocturnal

WILD Help

Postby Nocturnal » 29 Jul 2011 01:33

I have been trying the WILD technique for quite some time now (a few months) and I have never succeeded. Each time, I feel a numbing (which I guess is good) rise from my hands and legs. Each night I get closer and closer to having that numbing sensation consume my entire body, but it takes a VERY long time (about 45 minutes so far). The problem is that I sleep on my side, and I always try wild on my back, so I always give up after 45 minutes and turn over to sleep.

Any suggestions?

lawilahd

Re: WILD Help

Postby lawilahd » 29 Jul 2011 05:39

in my first successful WILD, it took me around an hour and a half to get into the sleep paralysis and vibrational states, but I've heard the more you do it, the less time it starts taking, and yes I can relate to you, it always takes me very long to get fully relaxed enough, and I'm too new to lucid dreaming to give you any really good advice but I would try relaxing for longer without moving, the urge to move on your side and just fall asleep is the final test before your mind puts your body into sleep paralysis, so you have to resist that urge no matter what

Peter

Postby Peter » 29 Jul 2011 09:25

I tend to agree with lawilahd in some ways that the WILD can come from staying on you back and fighting the urge to roll over but in my experiance this will create a entry via an OBE and this can be quite intense and may bring you right of the dream state. Try both and if you are tired get to calm spot and just go to sleep - you may surprise yourself and get the dream anyway

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 30 Jul 2011 03:40

I have another question for you Peter, what do you mean when you say that this method will lead to an OBE which might take you out of the dream state? I understant that an OBE or out of body experience is similar to or the same as astral projection but what makes it different than a lucid dream in which you float above your body? Also if you don't mind, what is your technique for WILD'ing?

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Jul 2011 12:14

I have found that if I get to the stage of a dream entry from being on my back I am more likely to get sleep paralysis and this can be a scary experience if you are not used to it. This may totally wake you up and leaving you wondering what happened for a while.
I also get more OBE or floating sensations that lead to what I call out of body that is the dream starting with me in my room in a dream body and moving on from there. I don’t think there is any difference between OBE and LD as they are all entries to the dream world.
Achieving WILD is difficult but worth the effort, it is life changing to go to sleep while retaining full consciousness
When the feeling of numbness or lightness is starting in your feet or another body part just put your a wareness there and will it to keep moving out or roll away. I sometime get this feeling and add will to it and find my dream body trying to escape. Its an odd feeling as it sometimes feels like it is stuck and in the last instant gets pucked out and then you are away. If you get this far let me know. What i think works is trying to add movement to the floating feeling
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 30 Jul 2011 19:07

I thought sleep paralysis was a normal part of the WILD method which everyone experienced before vibrations?? So what you are saying is that If I try to WILD on my back like I have, I am more likely to experience sleep paralysis, but if I do it on my side it is less likely? Wouldn't sleep paralysis be a good thing though, because it follows a lucid or non lucid dream? I'm kind of confused now

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Jul 2011 20:58

I will try to be a little clearer. For ME I experiance SP when I am on my back sometimes and used to most times if I was on my front. Almost never on my side or if I did it was a lot more gentle. Yes I think it is correct that you will go through the state of SP when going to sleep and into a dream. In a WILD you never lose consciousness and so will get some sensations of SP every time. For me there have been times when the SP has been so intense that it scared me, I am used to it now and look forward to it as I know what stage I am at but for the first few times that was not so.
I also have many years of this way before the net and so had no understanding of what was going on and it was quite scary at times.
Hope this is a little clearer and keep asking.
Someone else might add to this and offer another point of view which would help

Peter

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 30 Jul 2011 21:14

Ok, I understand, I thought you meant that it was possible to enter a WILD without going through sleep paralysis, thanks for the clarification.

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Jul 2011 22:29

cool and thanks for asking, its nice to get some thougths out and so appreciate the fact that you keep asing until you are happy

Peter

worldenterer

WILD Ideas

Postby worldenterer » 30 Jul 2011 23:12

Peter, i got a question, if you have achieved sleep paralasys and are just lying there, what are you supposed to think about or do to let you start flying and walking through walls? do you imagine yourself floating up?
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”