Possible to have a more clear view?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
hebekie

Possible to have a more clear view?

Postby hebekie » 21 Dec 2012 11:58

So i recently started again with Lucid dreaming.
This night i had a pretty normal, and strange dream, i wrote it down instantly after i woke up (I even thought it was a dream i wrote it xP)

But, While i can still remember the dream for the most part, it all seems so vague when your dreaming it.
It doesn't look like it's really happening? It's kinda blurry at times...

Is there anyway you can make dreams look a lot more clear to yourself.
Or, is this normal and impossible to change?

Summerlander

Re: Possible to have a more clear view?

Postby Summerlander » 22 Dec 2012 00:17

Practice lucid living. What I mean by this is that, when you are awake and experiencing the real world, try to absorb with all your senses any activity that you engage in. If you are washing a pan, feel its metal with your hands, pay attention to tactility, pay attention to vision too. Look at objects and consider their minute details, their colour, surface, form and even how they reflect light. Pay attention to the sound you make when you walk. Focus on food flavours when you eat. Pay attention to your perception of your own self and become aware of being aware...

All of that will not only increase your chances of becoming lucid more often, but will also intensify the vividness of your non-lucid dreams. By the way, the "lucid living" practice does not have to be done 24/7 but perhaps do it daily like an exercise that lasts several minutes and with several intervals. during intervals feel free to relax and daydream if you will.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Dec 2012 00:37

Good answer and I second that. Become an observer of detail, pretend you are from another planet coming to Earth to explore, study and observe. Become more conscious of your enviroment, yourself and those aorund you and it will transfer over to your dreams. I work on this a lot and almost all my dreams are so incredibly real, it's mind-blowing especially when I get lucid. I just wish I could take someone along to show them.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

hebekie

Postby hebekie » 22 Dec 2012 02:14

Thanks a lot ;)
I never was aware of the fact that you can make lucid dreaming so, amazing!

Thanks! :D

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Dec 2012 07:46

Just had one of those truly amazing LDs this morning. I am still thinking about it, all day today. It was just so completely unbelievable, half the time I was really wondering if I was somehow awake, but didn't know it. Seriously wondering. Dreams can really be just exactly like being awake. Leaves you shaking your head wondering how it could be possible. There's no way to really comprehend it, even while you are experiencing it. I still don't believe it, even when it's happening.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 22 Dec 2012 08:15

lucidinthe sky wrote:Just had one of those truly amazing LDs this morning. I am still thinking about it, all day today. It was just so completely unbelievable, half the time I was really wondering if I was somehow awake, but didn't know it. Seriously wondering. Dreams can really be just exactly like being awake. Leaves you shaking your head wondering how it could be possible. There's no way to really comprehend it, even while you are experiencing it. I still don't believe it, even when it's happening.

sounds amazing, i want to have a lucid dream like that. i think what's amazing is that you can always work harder to have even more amazing lucid dreams.

LucidLeon

Postby LucidLeon » 22 Dec 2012 13:33

That's some good answers! However, there's also the other side of the coin - visualization :) Raising your awareness of the things around you is a great practice, but it's also important to train your ability to imagine those things in your head! After all, in dreams your mind simulate the dream world for you, so if you train your brain to be able to visualize things realistically, the more real your dreams will feel!

As grumbled sight seems to be the problem for you I'd say focus on imagining visual things, but getting better at simulating the other senses as well is a good practice for more vivid dreams :)

Here's a link that I think would be helpful! http://litemind.com/how-to-develop-visualization-skill/

Dwar

Postby Dwar » 23 Dec 2012 15:36

Hello,
Yesterday I read about the DEILD technique at the website and wanted to try it. I have been trying to have lucid dreams since last summer, but I only had a few. I did reality checks while in a dream.
So today, at 00:30 I went to sleep. I made a 5 second alarm for 7:30. I slept with some interruptions, and when the alarm set off, it was too loud and it woke me up too much. I tried to sleep again. I laid on my back and realised I was daydreaming. Now after some time I was in a tropical forest of some kind, I was on a boat, swimming along the river. This is where the fun starts. I started to feel vibration, my ears had a yawn-like sensation. There was this squealing sound in them. I entered the dream. I knew I was dreaming. It wasn't that vivid though. My mind kept generating new stuff - I went into google earth mode. My mind scrolled around the earth and zoomed into a city. I appeared on a roof of a skyscraper. I tried to rub my hands so the dream could get more vivid. While I was rubbing my hands, my eyes appeared in the bed again, and the yawn-like sensation became more intense.(I don't know if that was my mind or the real me lying in bed) When I stopped rubbing the hands I appeared on the roof again. I tried to change the scenery. I closed my eyes, and when I opened them I was at the same tropical forest again. I tried to lift my arm while in sleep paralysis. It was really weird. It felt like I was trying to get out of my body or something. My arm would get back into its belonged place when I stopped trying. I woke up afterwards. I felt vibration thoroughly the whole dream, but it became more intense while rubbing the hands. Do you know how do I reach higher levels of lucidity ? I think it was layer 2 of lucidity. I could control some parts of it. Do you know how I can get rid of the vibration and squealing in the ears? Thanks for help. And sorry if my story is difficult to understand.
P.S. The tropical forest felt much more vibrant than in regular dreams. The whole dream wasn't as vivid as real life though.
Dwar

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Dec 2012 17:07

My experience has been that after 7 hours of sleep, it's really at the tail end of opportunity for good quality, deep dreams. Becoming lucid is much easier then, but I often have dreams similar to what you are describing after that much sleep. They are shallow, often blurry or semi-transparent, maybe black and white, or darker, and have movie-like quality to them.

What I have found is that there is a sweet spot somewhere between 5-7 hours of sleep where it's not too difficult to become lucid, but the dreams are still deep enough to get those real-as-waking-life dreams. Would suggest you reset your wake-up time to 5 hours work on it at that point.

As far as the vibrations go, I've read so many people talking about that, but have only experienced it a few times. It happened in my most recent WILD, right before the dream emerged. Still don't know what causes it.

Dwar

Postby Dwar » 23 Dec 2012 17:19

Thanks for reply! I'll try reseting the alarm for a different time then. But it's kinda weird, because I felt the vibration and squeaking in my ears for probably the whole dream (it wasn't that long, but it's something). I think it's sleep paralysis that causes the sound in the ears and my body to vibrate, since when I tried to move the arm it also went into more intensified vibration mode. And also, am I able to have an OBE if I try to fall through the bed while in sleep paralysis?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”