I don't understand the techniques..

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Mrs. Hiddleston

I don't understand the techniques..

Postby Mrs. Hiddleston » 23 Dec 2012 21:58

Okay, so i've tried WILD, MILD, and a few others, but I don't think i'm doing them right. I've tried to set my alarm for 1 hour after i've fallen asleep, stay up for an hour once it goes off, then fall back asleep. Another website recommended that I try that. I did, and I don't know if it worked or not! Can someone please describe to me, in simple, easy to follow steps, how to do WILD or MILD? Or whichever technique would work best for achieving Lucid Dreaming?
“Never give up on someone with a mental illness. When "I" is replaced by "We", illness becomes wellness.”
― Shannon L. Alder

Dwar

Re: I don't understand the techniques..

Postby Dwar » 23 Dec 2012 22:43

DEILD worked really well for me. I rarely get any LD's by performing a reality check in a dream.
This is the link: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/dream-exit-induced-lucid-dreams.html
If you happen to wake up in the night, don't move, just close your eyes and try to do it. I'm gonna tell you how I had my first dream with DEILD:
So I woke up in the morning. I tried not to move. I did the technique. Fell the vibration for the first time. After 20 seconds I decided to roll over. It was my dream mind that wanted to roll over. I finally got up tired trying. Did a reality check and boom - it's me in a dream. It was my dream body that rolled over. Too bad that a plane flying by woke me up.
Hope this helps.

lucidinthe sky

Re: I don't understand the techniques..

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Dec 2012 22:48

My advice is to not do anything until you've had 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Set your alarm for then, do a combo of WBTB and WILD (there are plenty of tutorials). These 2 methods togther have the highest likelihood of success. Don't woory of you lose awareness during WILD, I often go into a DILD of the gap is small between loss of awareness and dream state. Good luck, commit yourself to the process and be patient.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”