First signs of lucidity?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Alexd333

First signs of lucidity?

Postby Alexd333 » 23 Dec 2012 18:12

So i've just spent about 2 hours in a dark room with the laptop, listening to "beautiful memories" Lucid Dream Induction Binaural Beats ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7B6SHsz3-8 )

My only aim was to follow 10 steps to lucid dreaming (STEP 4) (relaxing the muscles from feet upwards) this took me alot longer than 10 mins :lol:

But on occasion mabye 30-40 mins in I did experience a few strange things, 5-6 seconds of a man with a gun running and shooting sideways before he got shot himself and fell over a low stone wall...??

And deeply speaking to a friend to ask if he had any drink left, after he replied no I have all the squash i need here, i unscrewed a bottle of coke (hoping it was just that) but had the overwhelming smell of whiskey in it. Do these sound like a good start to lucid techniques? the smell was so vivid! And I currently have a blocked nose too :lol:

I remember thinking a few moments after it "wow that was weird"

Apart from that I could see very minor swirls of color ect after about an hour & 1/2

Any suggestions or tips always welcome :)
For a dreamer, night's the only time of day.

torakrubik

Re: First signs of lucidity?

Postby torakrubik » 24 Dec 2012 01:25

Alexd333 wrote:But on occasion mabye 30-40 mins in I did experience a few strange things, 5-6 seconds of a man with a gun running and shooting sideways before he got shot himself and fell over a low stone wall...??

This is classic hypnogogia. Also, you mentioned vivid smells; this is promising as personally I find the olfactory sense one of the hardest to engage. Perhaps try listening to this at different points in your sleep cycle. See what works best for you.
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Re: First signs of lucidity?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Dec 2012 02:58

torakrubik wrote:
Alexd333 wrote:But on occasion mabye 30-40 mins in I did experience a few strange things, 5-6 seconds of a man with a gun running and shooting sideways before he got shot himself and fell over a low stone wall...??

This is classic hypnogogia. Also, you mentioned vivid smells; this is promising as personally I find the olfactory sense one of the hardest to engage. Perhaps try listening to this at different points in your sleep cycle. See what works best for you.

Definitely typical HI, I love it because it's basically, anything goes. It's so random and fascinating. Recently I had food items floating by which I received a glimpse of the item along with a very quick taste, then gone. The best HI for me is right after going to bed, so I observe it then. But I don't try to become lucid then. That works better after 5 hours of sleep. Sound like progress, keep at it!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”