What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

Summerlander

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Summerlander » 05 Nov 2012 19:50

Hehehe! :D

Yeah, I know. I toned it down now. They are free to meditate whenever they want though. It's better not to force.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Marissarulz

Postby Marissarulz » 16 Dec 2012 03:09

I chose 'deeply religious' because somewhat religious doesn't quite fit. I don't have strict rules, I just love Jesus and that's it.
:D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Dec 2012 22:51

Me too! Jesus rocks! :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LucidLeon

Postby LucidLeon » 24 Dec 2012 01:24

I usually say I'm as close to an atheist one can be without actually being an atheist, and that's only because I don't think there is a way to disprove the existance of a god. I usually label myself as an agnostic :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Dec 2012 01:41

It's not our job as a scientific community to disprove anything. Otherwise any Joe would be demanding disproof of tooth fairies, unicorns and any magical/supernatural concept they can come up with.

I am an atheist because to me belief in a God is like believing in magic. To say that a creator made the universe is no explanation in cosmology because then you have to ask: who made the creator? It is not logical to say he's always been.

Today physists have shown us how the universe can and did come from nothingness (see Lawrence Krauss' seminars on how it happened).

[ Post made via Android ] Image

- Padmasambhava

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 24 Dec 2012 13:06

^ Agreed!!!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Dec 2012 20:37

I'm glad someone sees where I'm coming from ^^

- Padmasambhava

LucidLeon

Postby LucidLeon » 26 Dec 2012 13:11

I never said it was our job to disprove anything, I just personally feel that since we can't I don't wanna call myself an atheist, because there's no way to know. :)

Jacob

Postby Jacob » 27 Dec 2012 05:00

Hmm... I'm Christian, so I do not really have a religion. NOW BEFORE ANYONE ARGUES WITH ME, just to clarify, a religion is a set of rules, a code, a list of things to do and not do. Christianity is not a bunch of rules, it is simply a relationship with God.

And if anyone is thinking, "If there is a God, why does bad stuff happen?", it is because we chose that path. Or at least Adam and Eve chose it. But because of what Jesus did, because of what GOD did, we don't have to be trapped by that anymore.

I love Him, and he loves me, as well as all of you. And that's all that matters. :)

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
-Eames

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Dec 2012 03:42

Really? Let me ask you this...

Have you read the Bible, and if so, accepting that the Bible is the word of God (as a Christian), are you familiar with what the lord has to say about people who don't follow him and worship other gods? More importantly, are you familiar with what your God wants you to do when you come across such heretics?

As for choosing the bumpy and dangerous path we currently tread...

I certainly didn't choose it. I didn't choose to be a man, I didn't choose to be born in Portugal, I didn't pick my parents, my genome, the events I'd encounter that would shape me and my life, and I certainly didn't choose to be born. Not much of the free will that He is purported to have bestowed upon mankind, is there?

Thirdly, if His son died to save us, why do we even bother? Finally, where have you been? Adam and Eve were not the first human beings and it has already been proven that the earth is older than what the Bible claims it is. So many loopholes I could go on for eternity...

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”