What was that?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sman

What was that?

Postby Sman » 28 Dec 2012 10:01

Hi! I am new here and i have a question. This morning i wake up around four o'clock and i was thinking to try the DEILD method but i forget to stay still. When i recall for the DEILD attempt it was too late but i close my eyes and stay still then after some minutes my heart started to beat very fast then i was thinking that i am in SP but i was able to move. Can someone tell what was that that i felt? :?

Summerlander

Re: What was that?

Postby Summerlander » 28 Dec 2012 20:29

It's nothing to worry about. The onset of SP is linked to the activation of the amygdala in your brain. This region is associated with emotional states such as fear and can stimulate the nervous system to release adrenaline. Once the adrenaline gets going the heart palpitates and you may even notice a change in body temperature.

When this happens to you, just let the natural symptoms wear off and then you may try to induce a lucid dream again. At least that what I do. By the way, move if you have to.

Good luck!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Sman

Re: What was that?

Postby Sman » 29 Dec 2012 14:33

Summerlander wrote:It's nothing to worry about. The onset of SP is linked to the activation of the amygdala in your brain. This region is associated with emotional states such as fear and can stimulate the nervous system to release adrenaline. Once the adrenaline gets going the heart palpitates and you may even notice a change in body temperature.

When this happens to you, just let the natural symptoms wear off and then you may try to induce a lucid dream again. At least that what I do. By the way, move if you have to.

Good luck!

Thanks for the answer. :)

Return to “For Beginners”