Psychic Dreams? WTH?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Mellymel

Psychic Dreams? WTH?

Postby Mellymel » 29 Dec 2012 21:44

The night before last, I had a dream about my sisters missing dog. The dog has been missing for weeks and honestly I stopped thinking about it as we all assumed it was dead. In the dream, I was searching for the source of a howl of an injured dog and saw two young children (around 9 yrs old and at least one of which was a girl) who I strongly felt my sister trusted on their front porch. Across the street from their home was a lightly forested area which housed a white shed with three doors. The middle door had a pad lock which was not locked. As I searched for the sound of a wimpering dog near the shed, her dog came limping out of some brush with an injured right front paw. A young girl who was searching with me tried to pick him up but he refused to allow her to touch him. When I attempted to pick him up he allowed me to do so but bit me on my wrist (which I felt oddly enough) and then allowed me to carry him to safety. When I awoke of from the dream at 4:44am I made a mental note to remember the dream.

Long story short, I didn't want to open any old wounds but felt strongly that I needed to tell my sister about the dream. She told me she was shocked because there were two young girls in her neighborhood which she trusted but thought they were not telling her the whole truth when she went door-to-door searching for her dog. She also said that there is a shed in the woods with three doors and she was going to look in that area again because of my dream. I have been to my sisters house (which is an hour away) only two times and both were inside of her home for birthday parties.

Frankly, this is not the first time I have had a dream like this but usually I (or others) have chalked it up to my subconscious knowing things that my conscious mind already knew or felt. This one has me a little weirded out and I'm not sure what to do with the knowledge that I dreamed of things I had no way of knowing beforehand.

Any insight? I am lost here.

torakrubik

Re: Psychic Dreams? WTH?

Postby torakrubik » 30 Dec 2012 00:55

There is no doubting that the dreamscape and waking reality are intimately linked. I consider the dreamscape to be an alternate dimension to waking reality. With this view I have a theory (radical though it may seem) that if we dream about events that occur in waking reality, then there is no reason to that this cannot be a two-way process. In short, what's to say that we cannot experience dream events in waking reality? That's my two cents anyway, and it's along way off scientific proof!
Dreaming is my drug

Mellymel

Postby Mellymel » 30 Dec 2012 20:45

torakrubik wrote:There is no doubting that the dreamscape and waking reality are intimately linked. I consider the dreamscape to be an alternate dimension to waking reality. With this view I have a theory (radical though it may seem) that if we dream about events that occur in waking reality, then there is no reason to that this cannot be a two-way process. In short, what's to say that we cannot experience dream events in waking reality? That's my two cents anyway, and it's along way off scientific proof!

That's pretty deep but would explain deja vu pretty well (which I get a lot). If that is the case though, the actions we take in our dreams would affect our waking world. To take that just a step further, you are essentially saying that our waking world is partially shaped by our dreams without us knowing? Just trying to see if I grasp your concept here.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 31 Dec 2012 21:40

Yes, you could extend this to the idea that we could potentially affect waking reality with the actions that we perform in our dreams. And if we can gain control over our dreams, then we could begin to purposely manipulate waking reality. (Assuming the dimensions are connected in this way)
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 29 Jan 2013 04:07

torakrubik wrote:There is no doubting that the dreamscape and waking reality are intimately linked. I consider the dreamscape to be an alternate dimension to waking reality. With this view I have a theory (radical though it may seem) that if we dream about events that occur in waking reality, then there is no reason to that this cannot be a two-way process. In short, what's to say that we cannot experience dream events in waking reality? That's my two cents anyway, and it's along way off scientific proof!

Don't worry about needing to have scientific proof for any and every opinion you have. Not everyone here needs it. I really like thinking outside of the box (like way outside) and am always interested to hear what some might think are radical ideas. One thing I've learned from lucid dreams is that we are capable of creating reality in terms of what we experience as reality. In my lucid dreams I can't even completely believe it isn't real life. Even if our reality does exist independently of us, we still must create inside ourselves to in order to experience it.

torakrubik wrote:Yes, you could extend this to the idea that we could potentially affect waking reality with the actions that we perform in our dreams. And if we can gain control over our dreams, then we could begin to purposely manipulate waking reality. (Assuming the dimensions are connected in this way)

I think we are can and do manipulate waking life reality in the same way as dreams. It's much more difficult I think because there are many others doing the same, but also because we haven't learned how. That's my radical opinion. I had another really radical thought today: we know that when we have dreams and wake up, we know that nothing really moved, it was just the movement of ideas inside of us. We stood still, yet the information of the dreams moved around us and we experienced the movement even though it didn't actually occur. Suppose we "wake up" after this life and realize the same thing: nothing ever moved, just information.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Feb 2013 07:44

torakrubik wrote:Yes, you could extend this to the idea that we could potentially affect waking reality with the actions that we perform in our dreams. And if we can gain control over our dreams, then we could begin to purposely manipulate waking reality. (Assuming the dimensions are connected in this way)

Ive had the chance to try this once. I had a dream which came true a few days later. In the dream there was a fire and I was trying to save a little girls life. No matter what I did the flames were getting her. I tried in so many different ways but it was like she just couldnt be saved.. (at the time I didnt realise that this dream would be real ..I thought it was just a horrible nightmare)

A few days later there was a fire and the little girl I had been trying to rescue in that dream actually died. (I saw her picture on the news).

Maybe there are some things which can be changed by dreams.. I dont know..but with this girl there was no way she could be in this way.

edit.. i just thought of something else which may interest people. A while back (years ago now) there was a group of online remote viewing people on a site (some experienced) were trying to change things back in time by going back with RV and "influencing" (which can be done in RVs, people at times can be influenced) a little girl on the titanic who died when the boat sank. What they were trying to do is alter the path she took (I think she was one of the ones which got caught by a locked door).. so they were trying to make her go the other way, a way to which she would of reached safety and would of been put aboard one of the lifeboats.

I never heard how their experiement turned out so cant say anything else about this... but maybe someone else will hear of this experiment and find out how it went in the end. (not sure how that would affect time?? or alter our knowlege if it did.. if she was saved.. there would of never been the RV experiement happen in the first place).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”