Are your dream characters affected by lucidity? If so, how?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Are your dream characters affected by lucidity? If so, how?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Dec 2012 04:17

Posted this on another thread, but wanted to open the topic up and get input some input/ideas.

I'm interested in the roles that DCs play and in particular about conversations/interactions with them, if and how that changes when lucid. Wondering if we put the DCs there for a specific purpose and that's it. Like if they were actors/actresses in some play: they have a role, maybe some lines, maybe not. Then we come into lucidity and suddenly the play can be changed. We interact with them in ways that maybe weren't part of the original script. How good are they at ad-libbing? Maybe as good as we are at helping them with their new lines?

Sometimes my DCs are looking at me as if to say "Hey, I don't have any lines in this dream." Other times they say things, but if I change the subject, they seem lost: Something like "sorry, but that's not part of my data set". Often my dreams seem to be minimalistic in that they only have the bare essentials that are required, and of course in LD we are looking for adventure/excitement.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”