I've discovered a new technique, I call it RILD.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dream Chaser

I've discovered a new technique, I call it RILD.

Postby Dream Chaser » 29 Dec 2012 13:28

Hi there,

This is my first post here, I hope you are all well.

I would consider myself a part time Lucid Dreamer because I don't use any methods to induce my lucid dreams, I just get them occasionally but I would like to experience more as I do enjoy them. Normally they trigger when my dream is about my childhood home or about my shed (it's not a normal shed, it's my 4x14m brick built man pad with pool table, sofa and home cinema).

Now, my new method called RILD, Rooster Induced Lucid Dreaming. LOL.

Let me explain. We keep chickens in our garden and two chicks have grown into roosters so I've built a nice cage for them both in my shed where they stay overnight and I let them out in the morning, not so early as we don't want to cheese off the neighbors with the noise. As you will guess, they still crow at around 6am, then maybe a couple of times more before 9am and then I let them outside.

I've only just made this arrangement for them so I have slept in the shed myself to make sure they are OK and of course, they wake me up at six, then maybe one or two more times over the morning. Since doing this I've experienced lucid dreams every morning, in fact, this morning I experienced my first proper flying dream. I dreamed that I went to see if the roosters were OK and I noticed a window behind them where there is no window and I though "this is a dream" and flew through the window like a ghost, once outside I carried on floating/flying at a slow speed and had complete control of the speed and direction, I even flew through my house. It was really strange as I just did it, rather than trying to float up then move around which I tried and failed to do in the past.

Obviously the RILD method will be hard to replicate but for me it's doing the job, LOL

Thanks
David

torakrubik

Re: I've discovered a new technique, I call it RILD.

Postby torakrubik » 30 Dec 2012 01:22

Hi David, welcome to the forums!

At it's most basic level, your technique can be summarised as follows: You awaken at several points in the morning hours and experience lucid dreams. This is pretty much the WBTB method, and as far as i can tell, the only difference with the RILD is that you have a natural alarm :P still, if it works for you then good stuff!
Dreaming is my drug

friendoftheapes

Postby friendoftheapes » 30 Dec 2012 06:12

If you're having the lucid dreams after the roosters wake you up and you go back to sleep, then it sounds like you're doing the Wake Back To Bed (WBTB) technique. You should read about it if you haven't, and yeah, it's one of the most effective techniques I've used so far.

danmc

Postby danmc » 30 Dec 2012 17:16

Lol! Won't work for me, all I have are hens!

Return to “For Beginners”