might this be in the far future possible?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

might this be in the far future possible?

Postby Dreamer25 » 30 Dec 2012 20:37

so there is this anime called Sword Art Online,

In the year 2022, the Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.

so basically they go to bed connect to that nerve gear and enter a lucid dream (game-world) and live a second live there.

if this lucid dreaming can be controllable with a nerve engine gear like that, it would be pretty cool to 8-)

Re: might this be in the far future possible?

Postby hebekie » 30 Dec 2012 21:00

I've been thinking about his too :D
I don't know if something like the nervegear would be possible, and i'm 100% sure it will make some people crazy, like imagine hardcore WoW players, who get to live inside a virtual world. They will refuse to get out :s

Re: might this be in the far future possible?

Postby friendoftheapes » 02 Jan 2013 04:27

I've actually heard that by the 2030s and 40s we will have technology that can create virtual realities that are indistinguishable from our reality. it's kinda freaky to think about, but i feel like it's definitely possible

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”