Where do I start??

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Kaylium

Where do I start??

Postby Kaylium » 01 Jan 2013 07:42

OK, I'm really new at this whole "Lucid Dreaming" concept( I'm sure U haven't heard that before). I've researched the topic, and have read about many, many methods on how to have your first Lucid Dream. I have become really confused on exactly which method to start with. Suggestions? HELP? :D

lucidinthe sky

Re: Where do I start??

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Jan 2013 08:17

Welcome to the group!

Would recommend combining WBTB and WILD beginning after 5 hours of good sleep that hasn't been subjected to any attempts to lucid dream. You can set your alarm for that point unless you are like me and tell yourself to wake up then. Good luck and be patient, it may take 3-6 months to have your first LD. It's well worth the wait though.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Kaylium

Postby Kaylium » 02 Jan 2013 04:06

@lucidinthe sky: Thanks, I'll try that! Hopefully I'll have a Lucid Dream soon! I hear they're more vivid than "regular" dreams.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Jan 2013 04:35

Kaylium wrote:I hear they're more vivid than "regular" dreams.

Lucid dreams are not really like dreams at all, they are more like being in a real physical place somewhere, a place that you touch, walk around in and do anything else that you do in normal life. It's really one of the most amazing experiences you can have. My last one happened in around 5 seconds after closing my eyes. It started out in complete backness and in 5 seconds a world formed out of nothing, then suddenly I stepped into with my feet and was walking around touching things in a world that was indistinguishable from waking life. Totally mind-blowing!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”