LD Religion Experiment

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Bleekman117

LD Religion Experiment

Postby Bleekman117 » 30 Dec 2012 20:45

Hi everyone! I have an experiment that requires the help of as many experienced lucid dreamers as would like. The experiment is, I would like you to enter a lucid dream and tell your subconscious to take you to see god. That's it. Now there is one qualification that I would require. If you have ever researched anything on this particular subject or have read or heard a story about this happening, unfortunately I do not need your help. The reason is, I do not want the dreams to be influenced by any other idea that could already be planted in your subconscious. I need people who have no prior experience with this subject. If you have already had experience with this, you can still post your experiences, just please let me know if this is your first experience or not. For those of you who have not had any sort of experience like this, I would simply like you to do this and then come here and record what happened with as much detail as you can recall. But do not read any other dreams posted by other people if you are planning to help me and have not had a dream already. Like I said, I want these dreams to be completely raw and not influenced by any prior knowledge/stories. Also, I forgot to add, after you tell your subconscious to take you to see god, do not influence the dream in any means, just simply sit back and observe what the dream does.

So if you would like to help, I would greatly appreciate it! I can't wait to see what kind of dreams you all have! Good luck to all!

Thanks in advance!
The mind is a beautiful thing

Chrispy

Re: LD Religion Experiment

Postby Chrispy » 02 Jan 2013 01:49

Wow, never thought about asking to see God. I'm in! I'll let ya know what happens.
There is no spoon.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Jan 2013 01:24

I'll try it if I am lucid an remember to do so. But...

Bleekman117 wrote:I do not want the dreams to be influenced by any other idea that could already be planted in your subconscious.

Lucid dreams are always influenced by an idea that is implanted in our subconscious and that is hard to overcome. I want to try this, but I can garantee that my deep, preconceived ideas will influence my dream the way they always do. But at least I will experience my true belief and it will be a good story to share if I manage to do this.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 03 Jan 2013 04:02

You do have a point Hagart. I just don't want people reading what other people post and then having that influence their dreams. I just tend to ramble when I start writing something, haha. But I do want your help! :D

TheDoctor

Postby TheDoctor » 03 Jan 2013 06:54

Wouldn't it be better to have participants send you a private message? Then, after a period of time, you can post the results.

Then, you could continue the experiment asking people to read the results first, to see if the content of the dreams in the second part of the experiment is different.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Jan 2013 02:25

I had a lucid dream last night and remembered the experiment and asked to see 'god'. It was way different than what I could have predicted, but I will wait to tell the story until you make up your mind whether it should be posted here or in a private message. I have it written down anyway and it is not one I will soon forget. (Not because I asked for 'god', but it was a rather vivid lucid dream to start with and although I lucid dream frequently, I rarely, but sometimes get those out-of-this-world, I-must-be-in-a-different-realm type of lucid dreams and it was one of those types!)

I understand now what you meant by ideas ruining the data. You meant reading and hearing about other people's lucid dreams in which they try to meet 'god'. Not our own preconceived ideas about what 'god' is which would be impossible to eliminate. You don't want copy-cat dreamers.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 07 Jan 2013 02:02

Doctor, I'm not sure what you mean by the second part of the experiment, but it doesn't really matter if people post on here because I am looking for a certain something in all the dreams. Plus I am usually pretty busy so it is just easier for everyone to post on this thread rather than having to go through a bunch of private messages.
So Hagart, go ahead and post your dream. I am interested to hear what happened!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Jan 2013 01:20

As an atheist, I really struggle with this because I repudiate the idea of a divine creator. I have participated in one of Michael Raduga's experiments before where I managed to meet a hooded angel with wings who fed me bananas. Is this okay? Here's a sample:

(Arlindo B.)

…That’s when it dawned on me to ask myself if I was dreaming… I called out, “Angel… angel of mine, come to me,” and an emergent speck of light in the distance gradually revealed more detail as it grew and lent the illusion of a translucent object approaching. I gazed at what was before me. My angel was a hooded figure with wings sprouting from its back. I asked the hooded angel who he was. There was no reply. The silence was eerie, and his authoritative stance, with folded arms and an inflated chest, conveyed a certain degree of impatience.

Not wasting any time, I requested to be fed and decided not to specify any type of food. The angel’s body language was still uncompromising, but he proceeded to pull out diminutive bunches of bananas from under his robe and hurl them my way. The bananas displayed a tenuous coloring, and were somehow partially lit in the dark spatiality where the encounter took place. I caught every single bunch with ease, and enjoyed eating the bananas without having to peel their skin. They were deliciously sweet and fresh and met my expectations of what good bananas should taste like…

http://research.obe4u.com/lucid-dreaming-a-cause-of-religious-visions-in-the-bible/
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Jan 2013 01:25

Here's my 'meet-god-dream':

First off, I was immersed in a deep dream and didn't need to do anything to make it more 'real'. It felt like I was in another dimension and although I don't believe in it, at the time, I truly felt like I was in an astral plane. I have a theory that it was because it started with a bout of spooky sleep paralysis hallucinations and it happened around 2 a.m. after waking and going back to bed. So I felt awake and alive after a little kick of adrenaline from the SP and I was in a deep sleep at that time in the night, not your average morning REM lucid dream. And it was essentially wake induced and I was lucid from the very beginning. (I record people's age, gender and race whenever I can because when it comes to dream interpretation that is important. I happen to be a white, thirty something male.)

It wasn't long before I thought to myself, "what should I do?" And then I remembered the experiment. I was in a dream version of my back yard, (after 'getting up' and leaving my room and going outside). It was sunny and the grass was green, (not the way it should be in Canada in January). And I was alone and there was nobody to be seen. I called out, "God? Are you out there?" "Is anybody out there?" "Does anybody hear me?" Then out of nowhere I saw somebody in the corner of my left eye. He was caucasion, male, about 15 or so and I think he was shirtless. I asked, "Are you god?" He said, "no". I asked, "Do you know where god is?" He said, "yes". I asked, "Can you show me where god is?". He said, "yes." I took his hand and we 'traveled'. We didn't travel by flying or walking, but everything I saw (just shapes and colors) seemed to whiz by me and gave the impression that we were actually traveling from a 'point A' to a 'point B'.

Then I was in what felt like a street alley way filled with clutter and stuff people cast aside but nothing in particular that I can recall. I felt like the city was at a high altitude and the rest of the world was below me. The guy I was with jumped into a stone slab and disappeared in it. I thought I must follow, but the round stone slap that was about the dimensions of a 4-seater round table felt very solid to me. It was mostly grey and rough and I stood on it and tried to dive in the way he did. It didn't work. I thought, ok this a mental block and I need to truly believe I can do it. I tried again and imagined it was like diving into a swimming pool and that there would be another side on the other end and it worked. I was inside now. The guy that showed me was there to the right and I saw a new person straight ahead of me. It was a dark place and only the people were lit, no details other than that. Except for one thing. A clock just beyond the new person I met and apparently he was 'god'. He was about my age, male, and seemed Indian. (from India, not native American). I was thinking too much about the experiment and wanted to take note of everything so I actually ignored them all and focused on the analog clock. I wanted to see what time it was. It was harder to read than when I am awake and I had to actually tell myself, 'ok, the big hand is there and the little one is there and so..." Did some math in my head and it was 8:15. I noticed some paper on the wall, your standard sized plane white printer paper and some had various triangular shapes and some had numbers and percentages and minus signs (-). I started to write it down and do this sometimes in dreams to help me remember things. After awhile my note paper was filled and the more I looked at the 'posters' on the wall the more I saw and it was never ending. There was a black woman there now and she was starting to get annoyed with me and my note-taking. Then I remembered what I was there for, and saw a passage to my left and thought that 'god guy' must be down there. I wanted to talk to him. That was my purpose.

I walked down and the black woman followed. I entered a room where the same 'god-guy' I saw before was now sitting and there was someone else with him. But before I spoke to them, I wanted to say something to the black woman. I seemed to know her as if she were a member of this website and I told her, I once use to think that lucid dreams couldn't get anymore real, but I was mistaken and I learned a lot from her. With that out of the way, I was ready to talk to 'god' and he actually seemed to be annoyed that I made him wait.

He wasn't like any god figure we would think of. Just some guy in an average chair and felt like a friend. As I started to speak I felt something between my left arm and body and it was a small, green couch pillow and I just tossed it aside. I told him how I got there. I told him about the sleep paralysis I felt. It felt like hands touching me and I just pulled the bed sheets over my head and let it be because I knew it wasn't real. He said maybe I shouldn't do that because you never know, what if it is real one day. (It would be like the boy who cried wolf.) I saw some windows and although couldn't see through them, just light, I got the impression that there was a vast world out there and wondered to myself how my real body was doing. It seemed so far away. I told him that I have two dogs and they tend to sleep in my room so they will keep guard over my body while I am there. I continued to tell him how I arrived there and told the story of my dream thus far. As I did so, I suddenly realized I wasn't speaking anymore and only thinking the words. I looked at him and asked in my head, "can you hear me?" He couldn't. I thought hey, even here where you meet people at a purely conscious level you still have to talk! (At the time I actually thought he was a real person who was experiencing the lucid dream with me and we somehow met on 'the astral plane'. And my thoughts in my head were separate from his. After I awaken I believe the people we meet are aspects of your own minds. In this instance I believe he was the archetypical 'wise old man' even though he was the same age as me.)

I started to tell him about the stone slap table and how I couldn't dive in. I was suddenly outside now and there was one just like it. I said it was like a mental block and I had to believe I could do it to get through. He said, no all I have to do is believe that it is liquid. I then looked to my left and I was inside again and there was a freshly painted, white wall. I imagined it was liquid and punched it. My hand went through it and it made a smacking sound like hitting water. I returned back to the stone table and said, "I'm a fast learner." I felt like he was some sort of lucid dreaming expert that I had met up with and we were both sharing the same dream. Then some guy entered who had greyish hair. He was not like us, and not lucid dreaming. He like a DC that doesn't have the same mental capacities. I thought I would try something knew and I tried to feel his hair from a distance without using my hands but I couldn't. I tried to pull his hair from a distance but couldn't. Then some annoying woman showed up and I asked, "How are they here if they are not lucid dreaming?" He didn't answer, but she said, she had just gotten off the cruise ship. Then she ate some ribs and drooled like a zombie and I left and woke up soon after.

It went a little hay-wire at the end. But that guy I met felt like some sort of lucid dream guru with lots of knowledge. He seemed to know a lot more than I do. It's still a dream though and can be interpreted a thousand different ways.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Jan 2013 02:34

Cool lucid dream, Hagart!

The Middle Eastern God might have been interpreted by a Hindu as the real mccoy, perhaps vishnu or Shiva. I wonder if the black woman had something to say about your approaches. She might have represented some frustrations that you may have.

I'm not surprised about the difficulty you experienced with the clock. In lucid dreams, we can tell that there is something very wrong about reading. It doesn't come naturally, we have to make the effort, and text tends to change. This is attributed to the fact that the language centres of our brains are largely shut down so consciousness has to rely on subconscious memory.

The trouble is that the unconscious realm teems with potential to be anything and everything and our waking ego inside the dream world will do its best to make sense of what is presented... and so, outcomes are collapsed into things that can be described by language even if it is in the very least. Even if what we perceive is still unfamiliar, we can still associate it with something that we already now: "he looked like so and so", "the vortex was like a snake with electricity inside"...

I also relate to the fact that you thought you were sharing dream space with another lucid dreamer while you were lucid dreaming. This happened to me recently. It is interesting that while lucid dreaming, you adopted a Spiritualistic interpretation of what you were experiencing, but, upon waking, you acquired a more Jungian view.

This, to me, shows how much of an impact the lucid dream experience can have on individuals. when we are there, anything is possible. This is a knowing which can often become overwhelming and if we want to believe that we are in an astral plane while we are in that state, it becomes absolutely real. In the waking state, however, the perspective is different. We are now looking back, the experience is now a memory and logic prevents us from denying the plausible explanation that your mind is quite capable of concocting the whole thing.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”