Sleep Paralysis

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Sleep Paralysis

Postby Kaylium » 03 Jan 2013 04:59

OK, I've got to say, I have heard some pretty intense stories about sleep paralysis and what happens during. Evil entities and shadow people lurking around in the dark?! Is there any way to avoid this? If not, how do you deal with it, mentally?

Re: Sleep Paralysis

Postby HAGART » 04 Jan 2013 03:09

It doesn't happen too often for me and a year a go when I first experienced it, I found it terrifying. But over time I have become familiar with it and it doesn't bother me as much. And some people never have it happen to them.

This happened to me again last night, though. It happens frequently enough I just thought, "Here we go again!" Although I felt hands touching me and the bed sheets seemed to have a mind of there own and wrap around me, I have actually gotten use to it. If I relax and let it be, and let it have it's way with me, it eventually disappears abruptly and I am then free and can 'get up' and lucid dream. And for some reason after an episode like that the lucid dream is always far more intense, and I have all my senses awakened and feel like I am in a different plane or out of body. (I believe it is still a lucid dream, but it can truly feel that way because it starts from within your 'bed' and an episode like that awakens your senses and gives you a little kick of adrenaline so the dream feels far more real than other lucid dreams I tend to get when I realize I am dreaming from within a dream.)

How to avoid it? I don't know. I'm not sure why it even starts. But the more familiar I get with it when it happens, the more I don't worry. And starting to panic will intensify the hallucinations because although they may seem real at the time, they truly are just hallucinations and projections of your own mind.

I'd be lying if I said I am not spooked by it, but I am also spooked by scary movies too and they aren't real! And when it is over I remember them as being somewhat fun and memorable.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Re: Sleep Paralysis

Postby Peter » 04 Jan 2013 06:43

its one of the scarriest things I have even encountered but also when you understand it one of most welcome

It preceeds a LD so let SP come if it will and then just accept whatever is going on and treat it as a sign that you are just about to get lucid. When I did this and it was after years of SP not just a couple of events it was great and I look forward to it
Observe all that is going on and connect with the feelings in a detached way so as not to create emotion as this will ping you out of the dream in leave you shaking and sweating and believing in ghosts.

Keep us posted, last word - its all in you mind and all created by you so no need to worry
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”