Reoccurring dream Protection by a Unicorn

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
wishaponadream

Reoccurring dream Protection by a Unicorn

Postby wishaponadream » 07 Jan 2013 10:54

Warning: May have graphic or offensive content.

I am not sure if this is Lucid or not. I could not control the dream but it did feel very real.

I had this same dream about 8 times. I had these dreams when I was a small child around the age of four or five and the reoccurring dream occurred over a year. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Background: During the times that I was having these dreams I had previously been molested by one of my mothers tweaker friends at one of her "partys", My mother had recently abandoned me due to her drug use and schizophrenia and my father had remarried a women who treated me like i was scum. The reason I am telling you all of this because I think it may play into why I had a dream like this and why it may have reoccurred for so long.

The dream starts where I am running. I have the feeling of terror and that something is chasing me and slowly gaining on me. Depending on the dream it is either dusk or completely dark. I am running in a field towards a forest. As I enter the Forest it is dark and evil looking and I am still being chased. I am very frantic and have no idea where I am going and what or who is chasing me. Finely I can see something glowing white and blue it is large and lights up the forest. Once I come up to it I see it is a Unicorn calmly laying on a soft bed of grass. Almost as if it was waiting for me. I immediately lay next to it and the thing chasing me is gone and I have the safest feeling in the world and in the dream the unicorn gave me the feeling almost like the safety one would feel being in their mothers arms or being with god or an angel. and then I wake up.

Every time I had the dream the same exact thing would happen except for one thing. Each time in the beginning of the dream, when I am running in the field towards the forest a hill starts to form in front of the forest. I have to climb over it to enter the forest. and Each time the hill gets taller and taller until the very last time I had the dream the hill was a wall and I was unable to climb over it to get to the forest and once i reach the wall and try to climb it i just wake up. and I have never had the dream since.

Another strange occurrence after the last time I had the dream for about 6 months I would wake up in the middle of the night screaming at the top of my lungs and as I woke up my father would be running into my room to see what was going on and I would have no idea why I was screaming and my father would put me back to bed.

I wonder what the dream meant. Was the unicorn like a spirit guide or an angel? why was i pushed further and further away from the safety of the unicorn until i never saw it again? Any ideas? I have wished and tried to have the dream again but have been unsuccessful.

MattG1116

Re: Reoccurring dream Protection by a Unicorn

Postby MattG1116 » 19 Mar 2013 01:40

Have you been tetrying it in the context of a lucid or regular dream? If you are lucid, it should be easy to pulloff. Ifyou are lucid, you canhave the presence of mind to call out to the unicorn or stop the hill altogether.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: Reoccurring dream Protection by a Unicorn

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2013 10:30

wishaponadream wrote:Warning: May have graphic or offensive content.

I am not sure if this is Lucid or not. I could not control the dream but it did feel very real.

A lucid dream is one where you know you are dreaming at the time.

I wonder what the dream meant. Was the unicorn like a spirit guide or an angel? why was i pushed further and further away from the safety of the unicorn until i never saw it again? Any ideas? I have wished and tried to have the dream again but have been unsuccessful.

Your subconsciousness may of been trying to protect you but over time, your situation was too much and hence you couldnt get over the hill. The hill represented your issues.

Who knows if spirit guides appear in dreams or if your unicorn could of been one.. some say they do. I think our higher selves thou work throu our subconsciousness too and may step in and try to protect.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”