Dream won't form

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Dream won't form

Postby Kara » 31 Jul 2011 20:10

When I try to have a lucid dream, it never works. I get sleep paralysis very easily. After a while I get these weird sensations throughout my whole body, and then I start seeing these images of tiny lines or circles of light. It feels great but scary. I try to just stay calm and look at the images, but then the sensations stop and all I see is plain black again. My body is still asleep and I try to focus again but then I just give up and go to sleep normally and have a regular dream. This has happened four times and I don't know what to do. :cry:

Re: Dream won't form

Postby torakrubik » 31 Jul 2011 22:34

You just have to keep trying. Focus is very important, don't allow your mind to drift. It'll take a lot of perseverance, but you're on the right track. Good luck :)
Dreaming is my drug

Re: Dream won't form

Postby rdubya » 01 Aug 2011 17:04

You are there! Fighting that urge to fall asleep normally is prob the hardest part. Don't do it if you actually need to go to sleep (work the next day maybe), but fight it a little longer and you'll get it!

Return to “For Beginners”