Studying is possible?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
beremaran

Studying is possible?

Postby beremaran » 11 Nov 2012 12:06

One of my friends wants to see lucid dreams because he wants study to lessons while he is sleeping. Is this possible? If it's possible, how?

dreamerinmiami

Re: Studying is possible?

Postby dreamerinmiami » 11 Nov 2012 23:07

I believe that yes its possible. the only thing is that sometimes dreams are hard to remember. so if your friend does a lot of studying they may not remember everything effectively.
What is your definition of reality?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Nov 2012 23:39

Dreams tend to find creative solutions to problems because you ignore the practical side of reality and really think outside the box.

But remembering things and hearing new information won't work well while asleep in my opinion.

The best thing to do, if one can master it, is to study while awake, so much so that you feel your mind will explode, and then sleep and lucid dream and discuss the content with your subconscious. All that information is in your head somewhere and your subconscious can help you find it. And more importantly draw connections between all the data which turns useless memorization into full understanding.

Of course this can all be achieved by patience and diligence as well.........
(And even normal sleep seems to sort through the data and draw connections between all we lived and learned throughout the day and may even work better for all I know)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Seachange

Postby Seachange » 12 Nov 2012 21:28

If your friend is just talking about bypassing the books, I agree with Hagart. But some people believe they have used lucid dreaming to learn or get creative ideas, e.g for art, music, lyrics etc. Some use it to find a famous person who is experienced in a particular area and talk through a problem with them. So that would be a form of study. I'd think you have to master the small steps first and then go in with specific intentions

beremaran

Postby beremaran » 12 Nov 2012 22:11

He must wait for a long time, because he is living night terrors nowadays. But, I'm thank you for your posts.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 14 Nov 2012 08:24

dreamerinmiami wrote:I believe that yes its possible. the only thing is that sometimes dreams are hard to remember. so if your friend does a lot of studying they may not remember everything effectively.

Subconsciously he would. So it depends what he is studying, to determine how effective it would be.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Richard

Postby Richard » 08 Jan 2013 10:58

I've been looking through this forum for a discussion like this, because I was wondering about this.

I have never played the piano, for instance, so my subconsious wouldn't know how to teach me how to play the piano, I'd say....

On the other hand, I've learned to speak and write German about 20 years ago. I haven't had the practice to have this ready when needed, but would my subconsious be able to give me that practice?

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 13 Jan 2013 00:18

dreamerinmiami wrote:I believe that yes its possible. the only thing is that sometimes dreams are hard to remember. so if your friend does a lot of studying they may not remember everything effectively.

i think a dream would be more of a way of reinforcing ideas and material, just because when you dream of something you think about it again. so you might not remember exactly what you study in a dream but it might help you remember the lecture or textbook itself more easily.

Richard wrote:I have never played the piano, for instance, so my subconsious wouldn't know how to teach me how to play the piano, I'd say....

maybe you can. i mean people who sit down at a piano can teach themselves just by sitting there and trying to play long enough, why not a dream piano?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”