WBTB during week days

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
LCDAnthony

WBTB during week days

Postby LCDAnthony » 07 Jan 2013 01:32

I have a few questions about doing the Wake Back To Bed during my weekdays/school days.
First...
I normally do the WBTB during the weekends to have a little more time but now I'm starting to want to do it during weekdays.
I usually go to bed 9:00pm and wake up at 6:00am. So my plan is to wake up 5 hours later instead of 6 so I have more time to sleep.

I want to have a lucid dream before the 21st of January, this is when my lacrosse season starts and I have to do a lot of conditioning... I just know I won't get a lot of time worked torward my first LD. So I feel as if I need to kick it up a notch. So far I'm 2 months in without a LD.

Questions:
1. Is this an efficient about of sleep?
2. Is it suggested I do this technique on the weekends?

thanks...

Naevius

Re: WBTB during week days

Postby Naevius » 07 Jan 2013 05:20

Ive been trying for the past week and I find that WBTB keeps me too awake so Im just going to stick with WILDing right at the 5 hour mark. And yes you should set it to 5 hours.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 07 Jan 2013 05:30

I usually end up falling asleep when I try to do WILD's... Grrr

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 08 Jan 2013 05:17

I have had 3 nights in a row last week(thurs-sat night) where I had some lucid experience. All of them were WBTB and some additional techniques.
I set my alarm to wake me up 4-6 hours from the time I went to bed. If I woke up a few hours earlier(happened on thursday) I just layed in bed thinking "the next scene will be a dream" over and over for a random amount of time. When my alarm woke me up, I stayed in bed, but I'd sit up so I wouldnt fall back asleep(I never fall asleep when sitting). I kept awake for 10 minutes then I layed down to go back to sleep, and continued thinking "The next scene will be a dream". If I still didnt get a lucid dream by then I tried falling asleep 1 more time with incubation again. The only difficulty with this is I don't know if you have time to fall asleep and wake up this many times on a school night(I was on winter break when doing this) so I'm sorry if this doesnt help.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 09 Jan 2013 00:00

I can find time to squeeze in there! Do you do WBTB + MILD or WILD?
Thanks a lot dude!!!

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 09 Jan 2013 20:23

LCDAnthony wrote:I can find time to squeeze in there! Do you do WBTB + MILD or WILD?
Thanks a lot dude!!!

I use WBTB+MILD. I also meditate for 20 minutes right before bed and I set 10 alarms on my phone to do a reality check every 1/10 of the day I'm awake(ex. on school days im up from 7:00am-10:00pm so 1/10 of the day is every 96 minutes) or if I cant have my phone on I wrote down all 10 different times and memorize them so I dont forget during school
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 10 Jan 2013 22:42

Thanks again man! Really appreciate the help!!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”