A Question

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
neon

A Question

Postby neon » 09 Jan 2013 19:25

Last night i had my first Lucid dream after trying to have one for almost a year :D . Although it was super fun to fly around the sky and a really cool expierence but something seemed to be missing. I remember feeling the wind blowing against my face and things like that but i dont really remember actually making conscious decision to do things. Are all lucid dreams like this or am i missing something?

erichsa

Re: A Question

Postby erichsa » 09 Jan 2013 21:04

In a lucid dream you take over and start doing what you want to do. Like you realize " I am dreaming and say, I am lucid now, and say: lets fly to the moon" and you are getting to the moon, that is ludid. In my opinion you had a clear dream which feels the same as a lucid dream, but you don't direct the dream. Most of my clear dreams are great fun, eating, drinking,flying, meeting nice people, plus a lot of people from my past. If you practice what suits you best to become lucid, you will succeed. :)

lucidinthe sky

Re: A Question

Postby lucidinthe sky » 09 Jan 2013 21:37

neon wrote:I remember feeling the wind blowing against my face and things like that but i dont really remember actually making conscious decision to do things. Are all lucid dreams like this or am i missing something?

One of ways you can tell is by the memories. Lucid dreams have memories that are almost the same as waking life memories because it usually feels exactly the same as waking life, plus you are making conscious choices which generate different memories than typical dream memories. The memory of the part where you were lucid should stand out from the other parts and also be more like a waking life memory. And also lucid dream memories tend to fade more slowly than regular dream memories.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”